Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:56 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Failing miserably in GMAT >AGAIN [#permalink]
Hi Rich,
Thanks for replying. Here are the answers around my preparation:
1) How long did you study before each of your 3 Official GMATs? — 2 months, 20 days and 3 months respectively.
2) What study materials did you use for each attempt? — Official Guides, MGMAT for 1st and 2nd; e-gmat, gmatclub mocks for 3rd attempt.
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)? — 10/11/2018: 640 (Q48.V30), 10/29/2018: 620 (Q48, V29) and 07/10/2019: 630 (Q49, V27).
4) What is your goal score? — 700
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School? —R1/2019, can wait for R2.
Thanks again.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for replying, Scott. I’d definitely get in touch if I gather the courage to face this exam again. I feel I’m scared of it.

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Please keep me updated! You also may find it helpful to read this article about The Surprising Factor that is the Key to Hitting Your GMAT Score Goal: Grit
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi equalizer,

You've still got plenty of time to improve before the upcoming Round 1 and Round 2 application deadlines. GMAC has publicly stated that the Official Score that you earn on Test Day is within +/- 30 points of actual ability. Your 3 Official Scores show that you essentially performed the same each time (approximately 630 +/- a few points). You handle certain aspects of the GMAT consistently well, but you also make certain consistent mistakes. Since you've earned these Scores over the course of several months, it's possible that you've gotten 'stuck' at this particular Score level. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. That having been said, you may have developed some 'bad habits' during your prior studies that are keeping you from scoring higher (and it will take time to fix those bad habits - and replace them with new 'good habits').

In my prior post, I asked about your CAT Scores (not your 3 Official Scores), so I'd like to know a bit more about your practice CATs/mocks:

1) As you were preparing for this 3rd attempt, how many CATs did you take (and how did you score on EACH of those CATs)?
2) Were any of these practice CATs ones that you had taken before? When was the last time that you took a NEW CAT (with questions that you had NOT seen before)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37300 posts