It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Fall 2009 - GMATClub Top Target School

post reply Update application status  

Which school is your top ranked choice for Fall 2009?

• 48% [36]
  • 32% [24]
  • 9% [7]
  • 5% [4]
  • 0% [0]
  • 1% [1]
  • 2% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Reviews Badge
Re: Fall 2009 - GMATClub Top Target School [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 10:55
abhyudaya wrote:
ninkorn wrote:
abhyudaya wrote:

Not anybody, almost everybody will disagree. If this is your grouping of schools, why bother with survey :evil:
Get the junk removed from your head.

Didnt know you are a spokesperson that represents the entire forum. What the hell does grouping have to do with survey? point of survey is to find out where everyone is shooting for.

Because you based this survey on the groups you defined, implying that schools in a particular group are similar (either by perception or fact).
"How can Haas be clubbed with Chi/K, or Yale with Ross/Col, or McComb with Duke" is the sole point of discord.

Don't be bitter because your choice "Duke" isn't grouped with better schools. If it was, we wouldn't even have this conversation right now.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 11:05
honestly, I dont see the point of the survey...it doesnt tell you anything that isnt already obvious. Lots of people dream of H/W/S then others feel they stand no chance so they dream of the remaining M7. Your grouping is pretty screwy honestly and its clear its based on your perception so its rather biased. Do you think more people dream about MIT than Kellogg and Columbia, look at how many more applicants those schools get. Yet you put Columbia two steps lower on your opinion poll.

The poll isnt going to really tell you much anyways, does it matter that people want HBS more than Ross? However, how many of those people will end up at Ross because they get in there vs HBS...and do you think they are going to be crushed? Personally I think there is a difference between target school and dream school. Lots of people dream of places they have zero chance of getting into, so is it fair to consider that a target? Thats like having a career goal of winning power ball.

The conflict this is causing is already far outweighing what little benefit this thread may provide.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 11:15
Come on guys, this is not the right place to be arguing about this. Duke it out at the monkey bars during recess like everybody else.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 11:22
Don't be bitter because your choice "Duke" isn't grouped with better schools. If it was, we wouldn't even have this conversation right now.[/quote]

:-D great research shall I say, how much I wish you had done some research while defining your groupings.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 12:19
These groupings are odd to me. Is the idea to validate that something belongs in the top tier or 2nd to top? If so, i think you'll just get skewed results...

edit: apparently this point has beenm made a lot already. oops.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2008, 12:35
It would be interesting to know for 2010 students:

- Top school at the beginning of the application process
- Top school at the end of the application process (app submitted)
- Where they actually matriculated and why
Re: Fall 2009 - GMATClub Top Target School   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2008, 12:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

Fall 2009 - GMATClub Top Target School

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap