Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 05:43 It is currently 02 May 2024, 05:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V43
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 279 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools: Booth '26
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Fall or Spring Intake? Urgent [#permalink]
Kudos
sharadsinghmeg wrote:
I am an International Student, with 4 years of experience in a Strategy and Partnerships Role at a US Healthtech Unicorn at the moment. Have 3.2 GPA in undergrad having completed my Bachelors in Technology. Gave the TOEFL and got 108/120 and got a 670 and 650 on the two GMAT unofficial practice tests. I wanted to apply for Fall 24 and was considering T25 and was targeting to give GMAT in 2 weeks so I can apply before R2 deadlines. Is there a chance that I will get admits in the target MBA's or should I wait and take the GMAT at a later stage, missing the R2 deadlines? Would a better GMAT score post R2 increase the chance of admit or scholarship?

Would Spring Intake be better for me and do all the prestigious MBA's have Spring intakes?

Your profile seems quite strong, especially with your work experience at a US Healthtech Unicorn in a Strategy and Partnerships role. However, admissions decisions for MBA programs are influenced by various factors beyond just GPA and test scores.

Regarding your GMAT score and application timeline, it's a critical decision. While a higher GMAT score could potentially strengthen your application, waiting until after the R2 deadlines to take the test may put you at a disadvantage for that particular application cycle.

Here are a few considerations:

Application Timing: Applying in Round 2 with your current GMAT scores might still make sense if you believe the rest of your application package is strong. Consider your essays, recommendation letters, and extracurricular involvement, which all play a significant role.

Impact of a Higher GMAT Score: A higher GMAT score could positively impact your application. However, whether you should wait and apply in a later round or in subsequent years would depend on how confident you are in improving your score and if it's worth delaying your MBA plans.

Scholarship Opportunities: A higher GMAT score might increase your chances of not just admission but also scholarships. It's common for some schools to reserve more funding for candidates with exceptional GMAT scores, so keep that in mind.

Spring Intake: Spring intakes are less common among top-tier MBA programs compared to Fall intakes. Not all prestigious MBA programs offer spring admissions. The majority still follow a Fall intake.

To decide whether to wait for a higher GMAT score or apply with your current scores, consider reaching out to admissions consultants or the admission offices of the programs you're interested in. They might give you personalized advice based on your profile and their respective admission criteria.

Additionally, consider your personal circumstances and career goals. If waiting for a higher GMAT score aligns with your career plans and you believe you can significantly improve your score, it might be worth waiting.

Remember, the decision to apply in R2 with your current GMAT scores versus waiting for a higher score is a trade-off between the advantages of applying earlier and the potential benefits of a higher score.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Fall or Spring Intake? Urgent [#permalink]