Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:10 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [15]
Given Kudos: 125
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72906 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: GMAT 700 (Q48, V37) - 95% Self Study [#permalink]
Kudos
Quote:
I plan to appear 1 more time since there is time before R1 this year and I guess, I can do a bit better.

Gratz on the 700. All the best on your next attempt.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72906 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Ha ha. I think you’re the only one who enjoys the GMAT. Maybe there’s a few more people. I took it because I could not stand it anymore. I studied it until the point of hating it which is not good and not healthy so that’s why I decided it was time to take the test. I didn’t like the word better after getting a 750 though. We are friends now 😉

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63691 [2]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations on the fantastic score, GMATking94! Sorry that I'm late to the party here, but this put a huge smile on my face. You've always struck me as one of the good people of GMAT Club, and it's a thrill to see you break through on the exam.

Congratulations again, and please keep us posted on everything!
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [1]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Ha ha. I think you’re the only one who enjoys the GMAT. Maybe there’s a few more people. I took it because I could not stand it anymore. I studied it until the point of hating it which is not good and not healthy so that’s why I decided it was time to take the test. I didn’t like the word better after getting a 750 though. We are friends now 😉

Haha. Well BB, he isn't the only one who enjoys GMAT. I enjoyed it too. At times when I have nothing else to do on a short commute, I will pull up one CR question and reason with it. It's fun to think of various possibilities and to eventually solve the "puzzle".
Having said that, I am so glad to see so many folks reaching their dream scores through GmatClub's resources. Way to go!
Also, huge congrats to OP for a 700 score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
GMATNinja wrote:
Congratulations on the fantastic score, GMATking94! Sorry that I'm late to the party here, but this put a huge smile on my face. You've always struck me as one of the good people of GMAT Club, and it's a thrill to see you break through on the exam.

Congratulations again, and please keep us posted on everything!

GMATNinja Thank for so much for all the help you have provided and especially for your video series on YT. You have always provided quick responses on my doubts here on Gmatclub. As mentioned in my post I am grateful that I came across such amazing people just like you early in my GMAT prep which helped me in taking good decisions early. I am planning to appear again around June-July to see if I can break past the 700 barrier. I am targeting R1 applications this year. Will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PyjamaScientist wrote:
bb wrote:

Haha. Well BB, he isn't the only one who enjoys GMAT. I enjoyed it too. At times when I have nothing else to do on a short commute, I will pull up one CR question and reason with it. It's fun to think of various possibilities and to eventually solve the "puzzle".
Having said that, I am so glad to see so many folks reaching their dream scores through GmatClub's resources. Way to go!

Thank you so much for your kind words. After around a month now after my attempt, I plan to start my prep again to see if I can break the 700 barrier.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMAT 700 (Q48, V37) - 95% Self Study [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
GMATking94 wrote:

Thanks bb for all the support I have received here. I plan to appear 1 more time since there is time before R1 this year and I guess, I can do a bit better. One thing is for sure, I enjoyed this journey so why not extend it a bit more.

Congrats on making it this far! If you need any advice for your retake, feel free to reach out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
GMATking94 wrote:

Thanks bb for all the support I have received here. I plan to appear 1 more time since there is time before R1 this year and I guess, I can do a bit better. One thing is for sure, I enjoyed this journey so why not extend it a bit more.

Congrats on making it this far! If you need any advice for your retake, feel free to reach out.

Hi ScottTargetTestPrep. Thanks for your kind words. Yes I am planning to give another shot at GMAT to see if I can break past the 700 barrier. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Kudos
700 Q48 V37

Consider getting the ESR to see what to potentially work on. Perhaps work with a study buddy who is strong on Verbal to see how they approach different question types you struggle with. Working on time management in case you find yourself rushing in the 4th quarter could be helpful as well.

How to get a V40 or higher on the GMAT? What about a V51?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GmatTutorKnight wrote:
700 Q48 V37

Consider getting the ESR to see what to potentially work on. Perhaps work with a study buddy who is strong on Verbal to see how they approach different question types you struggle with. Working on time management in case you find yourself rushing in the 4th quarter could be helpful as well.

How to get a V40 or higher on the GMAT? What about a V51?

Thanks! I have ordered for an ESR and it seems I need to improve on SC. I have to work more on grammar basics and meaning based approach. To mention I have spent almost 50% of my prep only on SC and still it is the section where I scored the least. :| . I need to work on a different approach atleast for SC.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [1]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATking94 wrote:
PyjamaScientist wrote:
bb wrote:

Thank you so much for your kind words. After around a month now after my attempt, I plan to start my prep again to see if I can break the 700 barrier.

Well, I hope you do the best in your coming attempt. However, I have seen people doing "too much" to bump their score and ending up with a lower score in the process. In short, try not to forget the little things you did right to get a 700 score. Often we tend to forget our strengths in the process of pushing our limits. Do not do that. Keep doing what you do best at the same consistency level while learning new things.

Looking forward to your second success story!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMATking94 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
GMATking94 wrote:

Hi ScottTargetTestPrep. Thanks for your kind words. Yes I am planning to give another shot at GMAT to see if I can break past the 700 barrier. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sure thing! Give this a read:

How to Improve Your GMAT Score
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Congratulations GMATking94 on your GMAT score!

I also want to thank you for encouraging me and keeping me motivated throughout my GMAT test preparations. Your help was instrumental .
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Citizens700 wrote:
Congratulations GMATking94 on your GMAT score!

I also want to thank you for encouraging me and keeping me motivated throughout my GMAT test preparations. Your help was instrumental .

I am greatful that my minuscule support helped you achive your dream score.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts