Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
Re: First experience... time to get the bull by the horns [#permalink]
you seem like you got a lot of jokes buddy. that's a good thing. most folks come in here drappy and sad from their failure. good to see you got a positive attitude about it. V is definitely my weakness as well. I would start with ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan. At least that's what I used (not that I'm a role model or anything) :-)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Psi Omega
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V37
GRE 1: Q630 V680
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Quote:
I was really confident on my skills and knowledge, since I had been scoring between 660 and 750 on Gmatprep tests the previews week to my exam day.

Is this meant to imply a 660 on GMATPREP1 and a 750 on GMATPREP2 the first time you took each test? If so, then your actual ability is definitely much higher than the score you received; however, if you received these scores on retakes of the GMATPREP then your practice scores could be unnaturally inflated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rockzom wrote:
Quote:
I was really confident on my skills and knowledge, since I had been scoring between 660 and 750 on Gmatprep tests the previews week to my exam day.

Is this meant to imply a 660 on GMATPREP1 and a 750 on GMATPREP2 the first time you took each test? If so, then your actual ability is definitely much higher than the score you received; however, if you received these scores on retakes of the GMATPREP then your practice scores could be unnaturally inflated.

Kind of, I took the Prep1 3 weeks ago and score 670 and took the prep2 2 weeks ago and score a 700, so yeah as you correctly pointed out, I was getting inflated score due to repeated exercises.

vwjetty wrote:
you seem like you got a lot of jokes buddy. that's a good thing. most folks come in here drappy and sad from their failure. good to see you got a positive attitude about it. V is definitely my weakness as well. I would start with ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan. At least that's what I used (not that I'm a role model or anything) :-)

Well what could I say, I rather see it with some perspective than be depressed about it, especially when I will be taking it again in 1 month and I'm sure I will get the score I'm looking for.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Schools: Carey '16
Send PM
adda boy that's attitude :-)

gonna do the GMAT for the third time here in a bit. Definitely by far, taking longer than expected. Be glad, at least you still got resources out there. I've almost depleted all of my mine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
I had similar situation during GRE exam few years back when I almost vomited during the test. I had heavy breakfast which made me nauseous. Now that I've learnt from my mistakes, I'll be very careful about food items to eat before test to avoid nausea due to test pressure.
I appreciate your attitude. Good luck for GMAT prep.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts