GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Fit the Profile for MiM?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Fit the Profile for MiM?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2018, 14:48
Hi there,

I graduated in 2017 with a high 2.1 (GPA of ~3.7) in Environmental Science from a Russell Group university.

I plan to apply for 2019 entry, having spent this year working for a fairly large tech firm. I also spent around 9 months working as a teaching assistant prior to university (gap year). This would make me 25 upon entry, which I know is in the upper end of most cohorts.

My extracurriculars are diverse - societies/ events at uni, advising a national charity, helping to start a social enterprise, and a consulting project.

The main concern is whether I've 'missed the boat' for a MiM given my age. I feel I fit a MiM as opposed to an MBA (in a few years) due to my lack of corporate experience.

Thanks for any help!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
CAT Tests
Re: Fit the Profile for MiM?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 02:55
Hello,

You don't need to worry about having 'missed the boat'. With the rising popularity of MiM due to it being a cheaper and attractive alternative to MBA, most people are applying with 2-3 years experience thus increasing the average age of the class.

I myself plan to apply for 2019 entry and will also be almost 25 when joining the course.

So don't worry about the age factor and research the schools well if they cater to your needs.

Cheers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Fit the Profile for MiM?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2018, 00:22
Hey LFutura,

Your age does not matter, what matters is how much work experience do you have. You have graduated in 2017 so, I believe you have almost 1.5 years of work experience. With that, you can apply to any MiM schools and none of them would have any issues. What you need to focus is, on your profile.

Your GPA is pretty good, and you have good extracurriculars. You need to showcase them properly in your essays. Connect them via words to why you took up teaching assistance role, what are internships you have done and how they connect with what you want to do in future.

Do this it will help you for sure.

You can check out our All In One Service here: https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one/ to see how we can help you.

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Fit the Profile for MiM? &nbs [#permalink] 05 Jul 2018, 00:22

Fit the Profile for MiM?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap