Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:32 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business/General
 Q39  V35
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q39  V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Fuqua
GMAT 2: 650
WE 1: Research in Neurology
WE 2: MORE research in Neurology
Send PM
Re: Frustated & dejected with 1st GMATPrep Mock CAT [#permalink]
I'm not sure you can quantify how many questions you need to get right/wrong in those terms. Difficulty certainly plays a part in V37-39++
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:HEC
 Q49  V44
Send PM
HarishV wrote:
P.S. I have completed 16 of the 25 GMATClub tests and have reviewed only the first 8 of them.

HarishV, the amount of questions you answer right or wrong is not the most important factor for your score. What is much more important is how difficult these questions were. You might answer 10 questions wrong on the GMAT. If each of these questions were on 750+ level, because you answered every question below this level correct, you will still get an amazing verbal score.

Of course you should always try to answer every answer correct, but the difficulty is also quite important.

And, What I am much more concerned with, I even quoted it: You need to review your tests much more consequently. You have to understand your mistakes so that you will not do them again. Understanding your mistakes helps you a hundred times more than starting another problem set, where you will do the same mistakes again. You have to understand. At least try. I know it is difficult and exhausting, but spending some time on understanding the question types and your mistakes is always the right thing to do.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi Harish,

I can relate with your frustration. I also belong to the Indian IT Male category. I have taken 4 mock tests : free MGMAT - 610(46Q,29V) , Knewton - 650(47Q,31V) , GMAT Prep1 - 620(49Q,25V) , Kaplan - 610 (40Q,36V).

My GMAT is 5 weeks from today , and it seems futile to go ahead with the test. My range is 610-650 and this **** score is going to take me nowhere. Funny thing is that from 1st to the 4th mock , I have only been studying Verbal part :shock: , and even more funny part is that during the test , I always feel that the verbal is going better than in the previous time , but the score always tends to suggest something else :cry: :lol: :evil: :?

How I wish that GMAT did not have a verbal section :wink:
Intern
Intern
 Q39  V35
Send PM
thisiszico2006 wrote:
Hi Harish,

I can relate with your frustration. I also belong to the Indian IT Male category. I have taken 4 mock tests : free MGMAT - 610(46Q,29V) , Knewton - 650(47Q,31V) , GMAT Prep1 - 620(49Q,25V) , Kaplan - 610 (40Q,36V).

My GMAT is 5 weeks from today , and it seems futile to go ahead with the test. My range is 610-650 and this **** score is going to take me nowhere. Funny thing is that from 1st to the 4th mock , I have only been studying Verbal part :shock: , and even more funny part is that during the test , I always feel that the verbal is going better than in the previous time , but the score always tends to suggest something else :cry: :lol: :evil: :?

How I wish that GMAT did not have a verbal section :wink:

Yes buddy. You are right. Were you able to identify which section in Verbal were you facing trouble? Mine was mostly in RC. SO had to tweak my strategy a bit. I was also a bit weak in SC so had to brush through the concepts. From my very little exp I have, I have learnt one thing abt SC is tat whichever concept book ur using, You have to read it again and again. Till the GMAT is to be given, we have to go thru the concepts/rules daily. This should boost up ur verbal score 8-)

The dilemma i face is that I simply cant put myself together to attempt another mock, although I have been looking into the concepts/ GMATClub tests. :cry: I guess I have to close my eyes and take the plunge..(another mock). I probably cud be the only person here wit this kinda problem...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Columbia
Send PM
no way to gauge what score you have by how qtns you got wrong.
I got 11qtns wrong in quant which is nearly every third qtn wrong and got Q49 in gmatprep. Another test 6qtn wrong in quant and Q50.

Also bear in mind that a significant portion of your actual GMAT will have qtns that do not count to your score (research qtns for future gmats) so getting those wrong do not count to your total although the amt of time you spend on them will. :( Pray to god you get easy experimental qtns.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
openbox1 wrote:
I got 11qtns wrong in quant which is nearly every third qtn wrong and got Q49 in gmatprep. Another test 6qtn wrong in quant and Q50.

Also bear in mind that a significant portion of your actual GMAT will have qtns that do not count to your score (research qtns for future gmats) so getting those wrong do not count to your total although the amt of time you spend on them will. :( Pray to god you get easy experimental qtns.

How come we should pray for easy experimental questions if they don't contribute to our GMAT score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Columbia
Send PM
Mahtab wrote:
openbox1 wrote:

How come we should pray for easy experimental questions if they don't contribute to our GMAT score?

Let me put it in another way. Do you want to waste 3 minutes on a difficult experimental qtn that doesn't contribute to your score yet takes away time to solve other more "important questions?"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Makes more sense now :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hey dude I would suggest you not to gauge your performance with the number of questions that you are getting wrong.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts