Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Re: Full time MBA at 35 [#permalink]
payalsinha1007 wrote:
I am a 35 year old Indian female with around 10 years of corporate experience including investment banking, strategy, corporate finance. Good academic track record. Yet to take the GMAT (planning to take in a month or two). I have started a venture of my own (1-2 yrs now) and currently focused on that. I also take corporate training sessions for Finance and Soft Skills development. I occasionally take up motivational sessions for undergrads too.

While the venture is doing average fine, I feel the need to up my skills and take a bigger leap professionally. My aim for wanting to do an MBA now includes scaling up and give a big jump to my current venture / another venture (which is in the early pipeline). I want to use a ladder to aspire to be a globally successful entrepreneur rather than a local un-scaled one.

I have a reasonably good expertise in Investment Banking in Real Estate space in India and an MBA program could also help me groom myself for the Investment Banking / Real Estate space on a global level. I do have experience of working in the US as well. Hence, a globally promising job is also something that could be a good path to my career at this juncture, if the entrepreneurship doesn't work out as planned for the time being.

I have already done an MBA in India (when I was fresh out of college). But I do feel an MBA right now will help me immensely take that big leap.

My question is -
Does a full time MBA make sense to achieve the goals I have enlisted?
If yes, will the business schools appreciate my profile with my age?
If yes, which business schools will be most suited in my case?

Appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Regards
Payal

Never too late to make your dreams true :)

Do you know story about KFC founder ?
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-kfc- ... 60s-2015-6
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
You have a tremendous profile and really amazing work experience. This will come across quite impressive to any school. They will certainly have questions on what an MBA can help you with at this point in your career

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I will also say your career plans are still a bit confusing. Do you want to focus on your own ventures or do you want to do Investment banking? I think your age would be a distraction unless you are planning to enter at a certain position or level in investment banking. But if you're looking to start at the associate level which I doubt them your age would be an issue. I would spend a little more time deciding which path makes sense for you to go to market with in your application.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
payalsinha1007 wrote:
I am a 35 year old Indian female with around 10 years of corporate experience including investment banking, strategy, corporate finance. Good academic track record. Yet to take the GMAT (planning to take in a month or two). I have started a venture of my own (1-2 yrs now) and currently focused on that. I also take corporate training sessions for Finance and Soft Skills development. I occasionally take up motivational sessions for undergrads too.

You need to explain your work experience more precisely. If you are doing good in India, there is no need to upset the apple cart given your age. You will need to adjust to a new country, culture and start at relative junior level. MBA doesn't make entrepreneurs. MBA can only enhance what you already have. Frankly, IMO MBA is the most overrated degree whose value is derived primarily from the brand.
GMAT Club Bot