GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 02:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Full time VS global MBA at Manchester

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Full time VS global MBA at Manchester  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2020, 13:01
I am software team leader working in the automotive industry since 7 years , currently I am looking to make a career shift to consultancy or big tech in uk or Dubai.
I have an international experience, I worked in 3 different countries , two in Europe and one in middle east.
I decided to go for Manchester because of it is strong network but while I was doing my last search , I found that it provides also global MBA and I read in your comments that it is so close to the full time MBA and also it was the same comment from Alumni.
I received an offer from Manchester for full time program with 40% scholarship
I am currently considering changing the program to the global MBA instead of full time MBA at Manchester to decrease the risk . (for full time program this year I expect that there is a high probability that many things will be online because of corona)

what do you think about that , will this be a considered a smart move?
or this would affect the my outcome?
Also is there major differences between the 2 programs?

Thanks alot for your help and appreciate your support
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Full time VS global MBA at Manchester  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2020, 15:23
Omar8989 wrote:
I am software team leader working in the automotive industry since 7 years , currently I am looking to make a career shift to consultancy or big tech in uk or Dubai.
I have an international experience, I worked in 3 different countries , two in Europe and one in middle east.
I decided to go for Manchester because of it is strong network but while I was doing my last search , I found that it provides also global MBA and I read in your comments that it is so close to the full time MBA and also it was the same comment from Alumni.
I received an offer from Manchester for full time program with 40% scholarship
I am currently considering changing the program to the global MBA instead of full time MBA at Manchester to decrease the risk . (for full time program this year I expect that there is a high probability that many things will be online because of corona)

what do you think about that , will this be a considered a smart move?
or this would affect the my outcome?
Also is there major differences between the 2 programs?

Thanks a lot for your help and appreciate your support

Congrats for your admit

the main difference between 2 is the difference between full time MBA and Executive MBA. Manchester gives it this name just because you can study while working but you can travel to other campuses around the world, if you wish. Generally speaking, I'n not a fan of doing MBA in UK due to Brexit and its consequences, compounded currently with Corona effect on the economy. I assume global MBA could help you in Dubai as I saw others from schools in the region less than Manchester have interviews with Mckeinsy. But I do not know about big tech in UK or Dubai.

I feel that you are in Dubai now. If so, you can explore more options like London Business school MBA.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2020, 00:13
currently I am in germany but I am looking to move to Dubai, so either stop everything and go for full time in uk or keep working and get the global mba then move to dubai.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2020, 09:37
Omar8989 wrote:
currently I am in germany but I am looking to move to Dubai, so either stop everything and go for full time in uk or keep working and get the global mba then move to dubai.

Really tough call but I advise you to contact alumni and current students for both programs and study the situation carefully. Also, you can read more about the economy in each country to be better informed, although we live in uncertainty. Al least you will get some insights.

Can't you think in other places in Europe such Germany?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Full time VS global MBA at Manchester   [#permalink] 14 Jul 2020, 09:37

Full time VS global MBA at Manchester

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate