Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Admitted applicants thread! [#permalink]
Anyone planning to attend the Math Review Course and P4E?

For those looking for housing options, I have attached my analysis of apartments. Thanks to the gmat clubber who had posted the initial report.
Attachments

MyApartmentAnalysis.xls [40 KiB]
Downloaded 252 times

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Send PM
It was great seeing folks at BDW this weekend. Fantastic turnout!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Has anyone from R1 completed his/her background check? Mine's still in progress and it's coming up on 4 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
I completed my background check... it took about 10 days. It seems like a lot of schools use Re Vera Services, though, and I wonder how much of a load that places on the company during high volume times like this. I also emailed my past employers and recommenders to give them a heads up that they might receive a call shortly.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
viewsonmba wrote:

For those looking for housing options, I have attached my analysis of apartments. Thanks to the gmat clubber who had posted the initial report.

I am attending the math review course. and great analysis - very spot on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
viewsonmba wrote:

Honestly this guide is not that great. I know maybe 1-2 classmates who live in any of the green shaded complexes (other than Alexan) and they are pretty isolated and miserable.

Stick with Station 9, Lofts, Heights at Lasalle, Trinity Commons, West Village, Alexan and Alden and you will be fine. The other places will leave you isolated
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DeterminedMBA2012 wrote:
I completed my background check... it took about 10 days. It seems like a lot of schools use Re Vera Services, though, and I wonder how much of a load that places on the company during high volume times like this. I also emailed my past employers and recommenders to give them a heads up that they might receive a call shortly.

10 Days!? When was it initiated? Mine will have been 4 weeks tomorrow. They reached out to my first recommender via email within a few days after I initiated the background check process. My other recommender still hasn't heard anything from them. I know they say not to contact the school or ReVera for status updates, but what should I do?
Director
Director
Send PM
CheeseNcrackers wrote:
DeterminedMBA2012 wrote:

10 Days!? When was it initiated? Mine will have been 4 weeks tomorrow. They reached out to my first recommender via email within a few days after I initiated the background check process. My other recommender still hasn't heard anything from them. I know they say not to contact the school or ReVera for status updates, but what should I do?

They only contacted my current recommender and I got an email from Fuqua saying that background check was complete (mine took 2 weeks).
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
Did you guys receive a confirmation email when -

a.) you paid the deposit
or/and
b.) you mailed the confirmation card
Director
Director
Send PM
jumsumtak wrote:
Did you guys receive a confirmation email when -

a.) you paid the deposit
or/and
b.) you mailed the confirmation card

a) No
b) No

I just emailed them and they confirmed! Do same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
CheeseNcrackers wrote:
DeterminedMBA2012 wrote:

I've been waiting for four weeks (as of today) too. They contacted one of my recommenders almost immediately after starting the verification. However, there's been no movement that I'm aware of since that engagement. I'm just trying to not worry about it since they say they'll contact us if there are any problems.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
CheeseNcrackers wrote:
DeterminedMBA2012 wrote:

Same for me, my first recommender got an email within 5 days, but my second recommender hasn't heard anything from them at all. Maybe they only contact one recommender, randomly chosen??

It's been around two weeks now
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saidba wrote:
CheeseNcrackers wrote:
DeterminedMBA2012 wrote:

Same for me, my first recommender got an email within 5 days, but my second recommender hasn't heard anything from them at all. Maybe they only contact one recommender, randomly chosen??

It's been around two weeks now

Background check complete. Took 4.5 weeks but finally got the email--- really brief one liner--- that it's done. It's getting more and more real by the day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? fuqua-keller-scholarship-167225.html#p1329669
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Has anyone looked at Parc University Towers? I checked it out with my wife and really liked it. It was also very close to Fuqua, and I got the impression that they deal with Fuqua a lot.

Also, my deposit arrived at Fuqua yesterday, so it finally is official. Does anyone have experience getting confirmation that it has been credited to their account? I'm mildly panicking because the due date is of course today for R1 admitted students, and I don't want there to be any hiccups.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
bulldog33 wrote:
Also, my deposit arrived at Fuqua yesterday, so it finally is official. Does anyone have experience getting confirmation that it has been credited to their account? I'm mildly panicking because the due date is of course today for R1 admitted students, and I don't want there to be any hiccups.

As Hailmary mentioned, they don't confirm that by themselves. Just drop them an email.

Also, the office was shut for a couple of days due to snow, so they are still sorting their mails. Expect a little delay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM