Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.68
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Admitted applicants thread! [#permalink]
wenstinator wrote:
urimazal wrote:
kunalpal wrote:
Hi, international applicant from India. Very excited to have been admitted today.

However, I have been told that I need to take a Calculus course at an accredited college/university and get a C grade (or better) by July 15th. Any other admitted students on this thread that have had to do that? I'm assuming they expect me to sign up for an online accredited course?

Congratulations everyone!

Hi there ! I was told to take a Calculus course too, but I don't understand because I had a lot of calculus courses with great grade in my undergraduate, and had a very good GMAT math (49).

Anybody in this situation ?

When did they tell you this? During the admit call?

No, you can read it in the letter of acceptance, when you sign up.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
I'm looking at the duke employment report, was wondering if anybody has researched consulting yet.... It says 36% go into consulting, but of that 29% is "general consulting" and only 4% is "management consulting"...yet BCG/McKinsey/Bain/Deloitte alone make up over 10% of the student body...what gives? What type of consulting jobs are students getting?

also, anybody know what percentage of people in the management consulting club get offers? I'm trying to decide between Anderson and Duke, and part of the reason I'm leaning towards duke is only around ~36% of the people who join the management consulting club there get full time offers in MC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
Does anybody know what the login is for the admitted student webpage? The website recognizes my email and sent me a temporary password but when I try that password, it gives me an error msg saying i'm not an authorized user.. anyone experiencing the same?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
MBAgal93 wrote:
Does anybody know what the login is for the admitted student webpage? The website recognizes my email and sent me a temporary password but when I try that password, it gives me an error msg saying i'm not an authorized user.. anyone experiencing the same?

Same
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
Send PM
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
MBAgal93 wrote:

Same

I thought we were suppose to receive an email with instructions to login. Has anyone received that email yet?
Director
Director
Send PM
goalieman688 wrote:
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
MBAgal93 wrote:

Same

I thought we were suppose to receive an email with instructions to login. Has anyone received that email yet?

When I received my admissions call, the dean said it would go up "some time this weekend."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
goalieman688 wrote:

When I received my admissions call, the dean said it would go up "some time this weekend."

Just got my email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Did anyone scope out apartments during the first BDW? Station 9 seems popular with Fuqua students, but I hear they're building another new complex close to campus. Crescent something?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cms031 wrote:
Did anyone scope out apartments during the first BDW? Station 9 seems popular with Fuqua students, but I hear they're building another new complex close to campus. Crescent something?

Can't speak to the first part, but here's what you are referring to: https://www.crescentninthstreet.com/

Apts are due to be complete and available 7/1.
Director
Director
Send PM
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
cms031 wrote:

Can't speak to the first part, but here's what you are referring to: https://www.crescentninthstreet.com/

do most people live with roommates? I think I'd rather live by myself (spent last 9 years in NYC with roommates, I'm over it), but do most people have roommates?

Also, for crescent specifically, why do the studio apartments have a seperate bedroom from living room in the floor plan, do they use a different definition of studio (to just mean smaller 1 br)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mgh234 wrote:
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
cms031 wrote:

do most people live with roommates? I think I'd rather live by myself (spent last 9 years in NYC with roommates, I'm over it), but do most people have roommates?

Also, for crescent specifically, why do the studio apartments have a seperate bedroom from living room in the floor plan, do they use a different definition of studio (to just mean smaller 1 br)?

I don't know about roommates. I'm with you on living alone, although I'm getting married right before school, so that may be hard to swing... :wink: My inclination, at least, is that if you are in one of the Fuqua-centric apartments, you would get most of the benefits of having roommates (people to hang out with), while also being able to close your door and shut yourself out when you want/need.

As far as studio, I'm guessing they are going with that nomenclature because it's used to distinguish those layouts from the larger ones, and because there isn't a door to the 'bedroom' area.

Are you swinging to Fuqua or still leaning Anderson?
Director
Director
Send PM
I think I'm leaning back in the Fuqua direction, but hoping for an acceptance in chicago next week.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fellow applicants,

I would like you to know that we have a new forum for MBA debriefs where admitted members can share their admission experience.

I request the admitted students to spare some time and post their admission experience in the forum and help the other applicants. Applicants could discuss with the admitted students to learn from their experiences.

Here is the forum link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-application-experience-332/

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I haven't been home since the R2 deadline, but wanted to check if anyone here had received their official letter from Fuqua?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:
I haven't been home since the R2 deadline, but wanted to check if anyone here had received their official letter from Fuqua?

yes i have
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:

Yes, I got a tie... I wore it to work today... haha its awesome/gaudy. I signed a lease at lasalle heights its right near the lofts at lakeview and trinity commons. Probably less than a mile from school and there is a shuttle.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
thisisatestonlyatest wrote:
bluehorseshoe87 wrote:

Yes, I got a tie... I wore it to work today... haha its awesome/gaudy. I signed a lease at lasalle heights its right near the lofts at lakeview and trinity commons. Probably less than a mile from school and there is a shuttle.

Love the school, hate the tie ha ha. It is literally impossible for the tie to be worse. Business schools should know we judge them on the quality of swag.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts