Last visit was: 17 May 2024, 08:30 It is currently 17 May 2024, 08:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 167 [0]
Given Kudos: 163
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11684 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11684 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Further Delay or not [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi ashutoshsh,

From what you've described, it sounds like you've been trying to self-teach the material, which is why you're currently 'stuck' at this level. To score at a much higher level, you'll need consistent guidance and you'll need to focus on learning/practicing the necessary Tactics for both the Quant and Verbal sections. Since you have NOT been taking the FULL CAT each time, you've taken a shorter Exam that requires less work from you (and if you do the Quant sections untimed, then that too is unrealistic), so your scores are likely not completely accurate. This is all meant to say that pushing back your Test Date so that you can study properly is a good idea. Based on the work that you've done so far, you will probably need at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study to hit your score goal.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) How many hours do you study during a typical week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi ashutoshsh,

From what you've described, it sounds like you've been trying to self-teach the material, which is why you're currently 'stuck' at this level. To score at a much higher level, you'll need consistent guidance and you'll need to focus on learning/practicing the necessary Tactics for both the Quant and Verbal sections. Since you have NOT been taking the FULL CAT each time, you've taken a shorter Exam that requires less work from you (and if you do the Quant sections untimed, then that too is unrealistic), so your scores are likely not completely accurate. This is all meant to say that pushing back your Test Date so that you can study properly is a good idea. Based on the work that you've done so far, you will probably need at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study to hit your score goal.

1) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
2) How many hours do you study during a typical week?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Hey!
I am on vacations. I am not doing quant section untimed. what i meant was that when i do quant (other than CAT tests, my accuracy is much more better than what it was during the test.) Moreover, i feel i m doing bad in tests bcoz of time pressure and careless mistakes. when i analayze the questions after the test, i see that in most of the questions(atleast 6-7 Questions) my approach was right but i gave up before reaching the right answer. Or i made a silly mistake and opted a wrong answer.
i have tried coaching classes as well but they were for 1 month duration only and i didnt find them usefull.
Should i keep revising OG again?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
You should either push back your test date or hire a tutor. Doing what you're doing now is not going to get you to near 700 in 3 weeks' time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V31
GMAT 2: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 3: 630 Q41 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
My opinion is that instead of paying another 50 dollars for rescheduling your exam you might as well take it in 3 weeks so you can find out where you REALLY stand.
You probably should go into the exam with a minimum score in mind that is acceptable to you. If your score falls below this mark cancel it right then and there.

If you decide to take the test you absolutely need to be prepared (mentally) that there is a very good chance you will have to retake it. I think it is important not to expect miracles so you won't feel crushed if you score only a 600 on test day. Sometimes it can feel like a huge relief to just go ahead and take the darn thing!
GMAT Club Bot