It is currently 16 Jan 2018, 09:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT 620 - Debrief

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 49

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V29
GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT 620 - Debrief [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 00:47
I started my preparation in January 2017, bought OG 2017 + verbal and quant review.
I did Diagnostic test, which showed that DS and CR are my weakest points. Taking that into account I've made up a sort of prep strategy.
First, I've ordered complete new Manhattan Prep-set 6th edition on Amazon. And you can't even imagine my anger when they sent me used 5th edition....
Second , then I discovered GMATclub, and become a member of this wonderful community :)))
Third, I started watching free videos of amazing Ron Purewal.
My preparation dragged for 6 months due to multiple business trips during which I had to give up preparation process.
I took GMAT on 10 of August in Moscow, and scored 620 (Q46; V29)
During my prep, my score had never fallen below 640.
I did 3 mocks, with the following scores:
GMATprep 1 640 (Q45; V34) - in April
GMATprep 5 700 (Q49; V37) - in June
GMATprep 6 690 (Q49; V36) - in July

After official exam, I decided to order Enhanced Score report and it showed the following:

PS - 41
DS - 49
RC - 25
SC - 27
CR - 41

I've concluded that those sections of GMAT that I feared the most, I actually did decently well, I mean DS and CR.
During my prep, I paid much greater attention to those sections, and underestimated my skills for others, and I do believe that this is the reason why my score is so low.
Nevertheless, I was accepted to Warwick and I do not need to retake GMAT again.

P.S. When I saw 620 on the screen I was astounded and frustrated...I thought that I was really well prepared and able to score at least 680. But GMAT is a tricky exam and this anxiety before the official test, and lack of sleep made an impact.
Despite the fact that I am of those lucky guys who scored 700+ from the 1st attempt, it was a great experience all in all.
I want to give special thanks to Bunuel for your major contribution to the GMAT community, you're doing really great job for thousands of GMAT takers.
Maybe I decide to retake the test later, I don't know, just to prove myself that I can do more.

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 49

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 45

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT 620 - Debrief [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 08:00
Read my debrief it will surely help you. And your ps score of 41 is way too low for a person getting a 49. Also you need to work a lot in english. But i do feel a month will be more than enough

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 45

Re: GMAT 620 - Debrief   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2017, 08:00

GMAT 620 - Debrief

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR JANUARY
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
examPAL Christmas sale! 25% off all packages.
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap