Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q164 V161
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 5138 [0]
Given Kudos: 1431
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: GMAT 710 (Q48, V38). Should I retake? [#permalink]
bellakand wrote:
I scored 710 (90%) on GMAT - Quant 48 (65%) and Verbal 38 (84%). Overall 710 is approximately what I was aiming for but I have concerns on Quant score. Should I retake the exam to get admitted to good schools?

Depends partly on the schools you're targeting and your overall profile. Had a student who took 6 hours of tutoring having already gotten a 700. A score that is good for many decent schools. The same student ended up with a 760 in about 10 days which it's probably fair to say is good enough for any elite MBA program.

Consider checking out the median gmat scores of the schools you're interested in.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
GMAT 710 (Q48, V38). Should I retake? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bellakand:

Everyone above raises the right questions regarding the type of schools to which you are applying.

My question is, what is the opportunity cost to applying? Are you applying R1? Are you (also) considering R2? Timing is everything including:

(1) The time you have left to take the exam (do you need prep?)
(2) When you are able to actually sit for the exam
(3) What else you can be doing with time spent focused on a GMAT retake such as profile improvements or the application itself

If you are aiming for the top, top schools, a 710 and your Q45 score is probably fine. If you are going to middle to top, it is likely fine. If you are looking for scholarship money, I would think a higher overall GMAT score is a must.

If you are interested in discussing further, I urge you to reach out to my team to chat with someone who is even more knowledgeable about the implications of the GMAT on decisions.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
My score is very similar. Overall was 710. Q47 V47.

1. Havent had any issues with the score. Its good enough for the vast majority of programmes including some of the top

2. GMAT score is only a part of the evaluation so if your profile is otherwise very strong you should be fine.

3. For scholarships, a slightly higher score may be important.

4. Here’s what’s most important though: check the matrix to see how much more of a bump u would need in the individual sections to end up with a higher overall. Then also check your performance in detail to see how much more prep and effort it will take you to achieve this bump. For me the 710 was on my first attempt, and the gap till 720 would require a pretty big jump on my quant and I didnt feel it was worth the effort, personally.

Hope this helps

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot