Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ivey '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ivey '17 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.64
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Re: GMAT 730, 6 years work ex, 2 years Entrepreneurship [#permalink]
Expert Reply
manveersaluja wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for the quick reply. Well, regarding my career choices- I worked for 2 years in INDIAN OIL to get an idea of how a large scale project is done. When the project was over, my job was really boring and I was doing monotonous jobs - no new learning opportunity. At the same time an opportunity of a Fire Safety Project at my native place arrived. I always wanted to do the role of an overall project manager rather than my limited role. So I left the job and grabbed this one. Plus the money was awesome. I could not have earned that much in IOCL in years. I enjoyed 2 years of Completing the project on my own- learning various technical as well managerial skills . In the mean time, i also saw a market opportunity which could be utilized to generate some extra profits. SO I revived a dead company saving much of the cost.

Now I feel that, my scope is limited to my local place. I want to do something on a bigger scale and handle larger projects. Whatever I have learned is by experience and online courses. An MBA will boost my skills. And in the future, I am definitely looking for larger opportunities and leadership roles .

I think, this is a pretty much defined career path and not haywire.
Waiting for your opinion.

Regards
Manveer Saluja

Hi Manveer,

I missed seeing your reply for a good 2 weeks :shock:

I see that you have had a good run with the fire safety project. I assume you were leading a team of people to "completing the project on your own".

So your strengths are:
1. a great GMAT score
2. good ranking at college
3. reviving two businesses - the family business and the other defunct business. There are some attributes you can talk about in your application, such as taking risks, spotting opportunities, being resourceful, having experience of leading people and a business.

Your challenge is going to be to explain what you want to do after MBA. You will need to strengthen those career goals. At your age and work experience, the adcoms are going to expect that clarity in your career goals.

Feel free to reach out to discuss with us.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT 730, 6 years work ex, 2 years Entrepreneurship [#permalink]