Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.93
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.93
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: GMAT - 740 (Q49 V41 IR8 AWA awaited) with 10 years of work experience [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nirajupadhyay wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Hey Niraj,
Well what are your criteria for selecting schools? Where do you want to attend your MBA? What is your post MBA goal? On the basis of your GMAT alone, you should have at least a shot at the IIMs, although you should apply to at least 5-6 schools, really.

What do you think?
Best,
Jon

Dear Jon,

Thank you for responding.

I want to apply to IIM - A, B, C, ISB, INSEAD and NUS although I would prefer to do my MBA from India. From my limited research, I found that IIMs have a great reputation, great courses and faculty, strong alumni base and cost for the MBA is lesser than the cost for schools abroad.

The part that I am struggling with most is my post MBA goal. Honestly, it's been 10 years since I started working but I never gave a serious thought towards what I like doing and my short term or long term goals. Now since the need has arisen for me to think in those terms, I am trying to figure them out.

One aspect that I am clear about is that I would like to remain associated with technology (not necessarily coding) after my MBA. People management does not really excite me. So, I would be grateful if you can shed some light on the types of roles that I can target for post MBA keeping my interest in mind.

Regards,
Niraj

Well Niraj,
Then you are likely barking up the right tree with the Indian business schools. Cause actually most Indian MBA grads complain that their MBAs are too focused on tech and not enough on management. But for you that's an advantage!

Another thing you might want to consider is some sort of technical degree to get you forward. Like Maybe an MIS, or MS in CS, if tech is really your thing.

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts