It is currently 17 Nov 2017, 10:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Club test worth it? Q 39 25 days left

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 21

GMAT ToolKit User
GMAT Club test worth it? Q 39 25 days left [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 06:17
Hey guys,

I'm in a conundrum of sorts. I've got 25 days left for my re-take and I'm tempted to pick up the GMAT club tests. Thing is, are they worth it for someone scoring in the range of Q 39-42?

I am dedicating 100% of my time (about 110 hours) to quant as I already have verbal covered so would it be a good idea to solely focus on doing a test every 3 days and just reviewing problem after problem? I know its an extremely difficult test, so I don't know if it will be effective for someone at my level. I just finished a thorough review of the manhattan quant books though, so i thought I might take a crack at the tests.

Any opinions appreciated!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Math Expert
P

Kudos [?]: 5816 [1], given: 117

Re: GMAT Club test worth it? Q 39 25 days left [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 08:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
calappa1234 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm in a conundrum of sorts. I've got 25 days left for my re-take and I'm tempted to pick up the GMAT club tests. Thing is, are they worth it for someone scoring in the range of Q 39-42?

I am dedicating 100% of my time (about 110 hours) to quant as I already have verbal covered so would it be a good idea to solely focus on doing a test every 3 days and just reviewing problem after problem? I know its an extremely difficult test, so I don't know if it will be effective for someone at my level. I just finished a thorough review of the manhattan quant books though, so i thought I might take a crack at the tests.

Any opinions appreciated!

Hi...
GMAT club tests are the BEST that are available in the market. Rather these tests are for only those who are already at considerable level at 35-40 and want to reach that 48-51 mark.
But do go through the faults that you make, and read the different solutions and methods on whatever you decide to do..
so yes, the gmatclub tests are worth every penny

Absolute modulus :http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html

Kudos [?]: 5816 [1], given: 117

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29043 [1], given: 5253

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I feel you can get the best ROI for getting to Q45 by using a good arithmetic book and maybe geometry.... have you tried that?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29043 [1], given: 5253

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 23:37
bb wrote:
I feel you can get the best ROI for getting to Q45 by using a good arithmetic book and maybe geometry.... have you tried that?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi bb,

I just went through all the MGMAT books again. (completed them as of yesterday). The problem is that sure, I know the rules and the fundamentals, I could also answer 90% of the problem set questions at the end of each chapter. But when it comes to actually applying all these concepts to a real time question I fall apart.

Hence my original plan was to study by going through the previous MGMAT CATS and the GMAT prep mocks that I had done, and then religiously drill 50+ sums a day from the forums. But

after seeing so much adulation for the GMAT club tests, I've been very tempted to just spam them and go through each answer explanation in detail. (instead of doing the problems on the forums).

I did just register for E-gmat's quant online course yesterday. I know 25 days is probably too short, but i figured that I could pick my weak areas and re-learn them the E-gmat way.

I've got a 100 hours of dedicated quant study in me, but at this point i'm worried i might be piling too much on to my plate.

So, do you think doing the GMAT CLUB tests ( say one every 3 days) and then going through the answers + E-gmat in the two days between each would be an effective way to go about it?

Sorry for the long post!

Re: GMAT Club test worth it? Q 39 25 days left   [#permalink] 05 Nov 2017, 23:37

GMAT Club test worth it? Q 39 25 days left

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap