Last visit was: 24 Jul 2024, 05:46 It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 05:46
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Sep 2020
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [9]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Joined: 22 May 2017
Affiliations: GMATClub
Posts: 12761
Own Kudos [?]: 8918 [1]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 11 May 2021
Posts: 317
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Sep 2020
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
[quote="Nikhil"]Congratulations sg124 Are you applying to schools this year? :)[/quotet

Thankyou!!

No, I'll be applying later!
I just wanted to get done with the test while I was still in the study mode!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Joined: 30 Dec 2019
Posts: 73
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 654
Location: India
Schools: LBS MFA "23
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
sg124 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I gave my GMAT on 19th July 2021 and scored a 720(Q49,V40)

My experience was okay-ish as I did face lags in the Quant section and ended up force restarting my computer thrice and lost ~10 mins in Quant. There was also a lag in the AWA section but I would say, it was pretty much manageable.

GMAT is a test of patience and stamina as well. If one keeps his/her calm, trust me, the lags would not bother. Other than the problems I mentioned above, things went pretty smooth. It is a good alternative for the in-center test.

In terms of difficulty, I found the Verbal to be at par with the official mocks. Quant felt a bit difficult but that might be because I rushed through the questions in last because of the time I lost and because I spent extra time early on trying to not make a silly mistake.

I self prepared for the exam and used the following resources -
i) Manhattan Guides
ii) OG 2019
iii) OG Review
iv) OG Advanced
v) Veritas on-demand videos
vi) GmatNinja's videos

Mocks/Tests used-
i) GMAT Prep Exams
ii) Veritas Prep ( Redeemed through the Premium bundle, Thanks bb!!
iii) GMAT Club Tests

The most critical advice I would like to offer is to maintain an error log! Later on it really comes handy and believe me, it makes all the difference! You do not need to go through all the questions but just those which you got incorrect or which you found tough/tricky.

I started off by watching a few Veritas videos online. I then moved onto the Manhattan guides and followed the religiously. Along with the guides, there a question list with reference to the OG which breaks down the whole OG according to the chapters of all the guides.

After this, I entered the practice phase and extensively used GMAT Club for this. For me, as I was self preparing, GMATClub played a very big role. I got various explanations for the OG questions. Thanks to GMATNinja Bunuel bb souvik101990 Nikhil VeritasKarishma for making the forum what it is today.

After doing the OG thoroughly, I did the OG Review and OG Advanced. In between, I also started giving the GMAT Club Tests. They really helped me gain stamina and work on my timings!

I would like to thank the whole community for all the resources and support! All the debriefs here have really helped me and that is why I wanted to make sure that I write one too!




Hi
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! AMAZING SCORE

Secondly, there is a general opinion about GMAT exam that it's much more difficult than the official mocks . One should deduct 50-30 points to estimate their real ability.
What do you think about this? I have already given my first attempt but I was so nervous that I screwed up and ended up forming the same opinion ? Is real exam really that difficult or our restlessness and nervousness makes it feel like that.
Could you also please share your mock scores?
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Sep 2020
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Poojita wrote:
sg124 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I gave my GMAT on 19th July 2021 and scored a 720(Q49,V40)

My experience was okay-ish as I did face lags in the Quant section and ended up force restarting my computer thrice and lost ~10 mins in Quant. There was also a lag in the AWA section but I would say, it was pretty much manageable.

GMAT is a test of patience and stamina as well. If one keeps his/her calm, trust me, the lags would not bother. Other than the problems I mentioned above, things went pretty smooth. It is a good alternative for the in-center test.

In terms of difficulty, I found the Verbal to be at par with the official mocks. Quant felt a bit difficult but that might be because I rushed through the questions in last because of the time I lost and because I spent extra time early on trying to not make a silly mistake.

I self prepared for the exam and used the following resources -
i) Manhattan Guides
ii) OG 2019
iii) OG Review
iv) OG Advanced
v) Veritas on-demand videos
vi) GmatNinja's videos

Mocks/Tests used-
i) GMAT Prep Exams
ii) Veritas Prep ( Redeemed through the Premium bundle, Thanks bb!!
iii) GMAT Club Tests

The most critical advice I would like to offer is to maintain an error log! Later on it really comes handy and believe me, it makes all the difference! You do not need to go through all the questions but just those which you got incorrect or which you found tough/tricky.

I started off by watching a few Veritas videos online. I then moved onto the Manhattan guides and followed the religiously. Along with the guides, there a question list with reference to the OG which breaks down the whole OG according to the chapters of all the guides.

After this, I entered the practice phase and extensively used GMAT Club for this. For me, as I was self preparing, GMATClub played a very big role. I got various explanations for the OG questions. Thanks to GMATNinja Bunuel bb souvik101990 Nikhil VeritasKarishma for making the forum what it is today.

After doing the OG thoroughly, I did the OG Review and OG Advanced. In between, I also started giving the GMAT Club Tests. They really helped me gain stamina and work on my timings!

I would like to thank the whole community for all the resources and support! All the debriefs here have really helped me and that is why I wanted to make sure that I write one too!




Hi
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! AMAZING SCORE

Secondly, there is a general opinion about GMAT exam that it's much more difficult than the official mocks . One should deduct 50-30 points to estimate their real ability.
What do you think about this? I have already given my first attempt but I was so nervous that I screwed up and ended up forming the same opinion ? Is real exam really that difficult or our restlessness and nervousness makes it feel like that.
Could you also please share your mock scores?
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device



Hi Poojita, I scored V40 in the last 2 official mocks I gave and that's the same score I got on my exam.

For quant I used to score 50-51

But as I said I had to rush through the questions in Quant in the second half.

I honestly feel the difficulty level was quite similar.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37875
Own Kudos [?]: 74279 [1]
Given Kudos: 20608
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats on your score!

Would you mind filling out this quick-ish survey about your practice scores and GMAT experience? I am trying to rebuild our GMAT Score Estimator :cool:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/submit-your- ... 65831.html
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Sep 2020
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Congrats on your score!

Would you mind filling out this quick-ish survey about your practice scores and GMAT experience? I am trying to rebuild our GMAT Score Estimator :cool:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/submit-your- ... 65831.html


hi bb

I am trying to fill the form but it is mandatorily asking for scores from other test prep companies whereas I have not really given them. What should I put in this case
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Sep 2020
Posts: 30
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
sg124 wrote:
bb wrote:
Congrats on your score!

Would you mind filling out this quick-ish survey about your practice scores and GMAT experience? I am trying to rebuild our GMAT Score Estimator :cool:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/submit-your- ... 65831.html


hi bb

I am trying to fill the form but it is mandatorily asking for scores from other test prep companies whereas I have not really given them. What should I put in this case


Nvm!
I filled it! Waiting to the analysis and the results bb!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT Enhanced Online 720(Q49,V40) [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37875 posts