GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Gmat exam exactly after 9months

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 05:00
1
Hi guys, as the topic says "...after 9months"
Please give me some tips and advices as to how to take on this verbal part. I believe i am fairly good at quants but scuk at my verbal skills.
I thought of joining coaching classes but they are charging way too much and i think i can study on my own by referring kaplan, officical guide books. I really want to ace this exam by cracking the verbal part with over 40-45 marks. Any help..any schedule

. + I'm working mon-fri 10-7
Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Preparation
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 05:36
2
Hi Pratik,
Welcome to GMAT Club and let me assure you that now you have come to right place . I will suggest you to take GMAT practice exam which comes for free and evaluate your Quant and verbal score . Do an analysis for your verbal score weak and strong areas. For SC i will suggest you to read Manhattan SC and read the entire book for 4 to 5 times . Daily practice 2 RCs from GMAT club, 10 SC on different topics and 5 CR from gmatclub.
Below is the link for practicing Quant and verbal sections based on topics and difficulty level .
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sentence-cor ... 29750.html

P.S I will suggest you to opt for GMAT club test during your last month of preparation or when you are ready with your preparation . The questions in GMAT club test are more than enough to score 700+ in GMAT .

Best of luck
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 50002
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 06:08
2
Pratik21 wrote:
Hi guys, as the topic says "...after 9months"
Please give me some tips and advices as to how to take on this verbal part. I believe i am fairly good at quants but scuk at my verbal skills.
I thought of joining coaching classes but they are charging way too much and i think i can study on my own by referring kaplan, officical guide books. I really want to ace this exam by cracking the verbal part with over 40-45 marks. Any help..any schedule

. + I'm working mon-fri 10-7
Thanks.


The following posts might help:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-ver ... 33279.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-v ... 19866.html

Hope it helps.
_________________

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.


What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 763
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 06:47
1
Pratik21 wrote:
Hi guys, as the topic says "...after 9months"
Please give me some tips and advices as to how to take on this verbal part. I believe i am fairly good at quants but scuk at my verbal skills.
I thought of joining coaching classes but they are charging way too much and i think i can study on my own by referring kaplan, officical guide books. I really want to ace this exam by cracking the verbal part with over 40-45 marks. Any help..any schedule

. + I'm working mon-fri 10-7
Thanks.



Hi,

I've complied all links for Verbal, do check

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 60413.html

for Quant look at what Bunuel has suggested

Regards,
HK
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: Preparing for GMAT
Joined: 25 Nov 2015
Posts: 966
Location: India
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 07:41
2
Pratik21 wrote:
Hi guys, as the topic says "...after 9months"
Please give me some tips and advices as to how to take on this verbal part. I believe i am fairly good at quants but scuk at my verbal skills.
I thought of joining coaching classes but they are charging way too much and i think i can study on my own by referring kaplan, officical guide books. I really want to ace this exam by cracking the verbal part with over 40-45 marks. Any help..any schedule

. + I'm working mon-fri 10-7
Thanks.


Hi
You can refer to Souvik's Verbal study plan of Gmatclub in the following link:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-ver ... 33279.html

Some more links are shared in the above posts.
_________________

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 10:31
Thanks, everyone, reply to this post really helps me :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT Date: 06-01-2012
GRE 1: Q780 V500
GPA: 3.44
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 13:10
1
Snehal: Is there a reason for 9 months? I ask because, there is a good chance of burnout if you stretch the time. Ideally, 3-5 months should be good enough. The longer you take, the concentration levels dip and knowledge retain is going to be much harder. my 2 cents. (Made this mistake once :))
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 00:05
Thanks for the encouraging statements as well as for the links provided by you. Will look into it one by one.



Cheers,
PH
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 00:13
IAmKrish wrote:
Hi Pratik,
Welcome to GMAT Club and let me assure you that now you have come to right place . I will suggest you to take GMAT practice exam which comes for free and evaluate your Quant and verbal score . Do an analysis for your verbal score weak and strong areas. For SC i will suggest you to read Manhattan SC and read the entire book for 4 to 5 times . Daily practice 2 RCs from GMAT club, 10 SC on different topics and 5 CR from gmatclub.
Below is the link for practicing Quant and verbal sections based on topics and difficulty level .


P.S I will suggest you to opt for GMAT club test during your last month of preparation or when you are ready with your preparation . The questions in GMAT club test are more than enough to score 700+ in GMAT .

Best of luck



I need more practice in RC, as far as i have observed i'm good at cr...for sc haven't tested it yet... but i can very well say that for me RC is my everest. :P
any guidance/advices/tips are welcome


Regards,
PH
Retired Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 528
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 03:17
I agree with sateesh611. 9 month is too long and you can loose focus and motivation. Its better the plan for 3 months initially and then change the strategy accordingly.
_________________

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 09:30
Yes I am planning to study for 3-4 months only
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
V
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 12684
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 22:12
Hi Pratik21,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Preparation
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2018, 22:15
1
Pratik21 wrote:
IAmKrish wrote:
Hi Pratik,
Welcome to GMAT Club and let me assure you that now you have come to right place . I will suggest you to take GMAT practice exam which comes for free and evaluate your Quant and verbal score . Do an analysis for your verbal score weak and strong areas. For SC i will suggest you to read Manhattan SC and read the entire book for 4 to 5 times . Daily practice 2 RCs from GMAT club, 10 SC on different topics and 5 CR from gmatclub.
Below is the link for practicing Quant and verbal sections based on topics and difficulty level .


P.S I will suggest you to opt for GMAT club test during your last month of preparation or when you are ready with your preparation . The questions in GMAT club test are more than enough to score 700+ in GMAT .

Best of luck



I need more practice in RC, as far as i have observed i'm good at cr...for sc haven't tested it yet... but i can very well say that for me RC is my everest. :P
any guidance/advices/tips are welcome


Regards,
PH


I will suggest you to read science and fiction editorials from New York times, it will definitely help you in climbing the Everest :).
Best of luck
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 10:47
How does science and fiction editorials from New York times will help to score high in GMAT?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Preparation
Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 00:24
1
snehal88 wrote:
How does science and fiction editorials from New York times will help to score high in GMAT?


Hi Snehal88
If you analyse the pattern of RC which comes in GMAT, you will figure it out that the RC topics are mostly from science related to Biology, physics, research papers,etc.
As GMAC considers US English as standard and the Topics are mostly related to United States,I have recommend to read editorials in New York times.

Best of luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Gmat exam exactly after 9months &nbs [#permalink] 02 Mar 2018, 00:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Gmat exam exactly after 9months

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.