Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 112
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: GMAT experience, Q49, V22, 600 [#permalink]
Kudos
Yeah for verbal stick to manhattan prep first. Given your current score, you need to improve your concepts. You can re-strategize your verbal plan, after finishing the manhattan guides.

For quant, I found mgmat 7th ed guide to be on the much easier side (almost not sufficient for Q48+). But their mock tests are harder than the actual gmat. Btw veritas has even more harder mocks in case you’re interested. For quant, use the mgmat advance quant guide. That one is better.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Romil042,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day did not turn out better. From your post, it's not clear how you were scoring on your practice CATs/mocks though, so it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) What type of study routine have you been following? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) Have you used any other study materials besides the course that you mentioned?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

You might also choose to purchase the Enhanced Score Report. While the ESR doesn’t provide a lot of information, there are usually a few data points that we can use to define what went wrong on Test Day (and what you should work on to score higher). If you purchase the ESR, then I'll be happy to analyze it for you.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Romil042,

I’m sorry to hear how things went with your GMAT. I’m happy to provide some advice but would like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions asked, I can provide some further advice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Romil042,

I’m sorry to hear how things went with your GMAT. I’m happy to provide some advice but would like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions asked, I can provide some further advice.

Thank you so much Scott for your time.
I am planning to appear for GMAT again. I am targeting 760 score. I am planning to appear for test by start of December. For Quant, I am a bit sure because of my background in UG and PG; planning for Q49 to Q51. I am looking forward to convert V22 to V44.
I am not good with RC for sure. For CR side time pressure is reducing my accuracy. for SC its a bit mix preparation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nik98 wrote:
Yeah for verbal stick to manhattan prep first. Given your current score, you need to improve your concepts. You can re-strategize your verbal plan, after finishing the manhattan guides.

For quant, I found mgmat 7th ed guide to be on the much easier side (almost not sufficient for Q48+). But their mock tests are harder than the actual gmat. Btw veritas has even more harder mocks in case you’re interested. For quant, use the mgmat advance quant guide. That one is better.

Posted from my mobile device

Yes these days I was going through MGMAT Quant with 6e. I found that MGMAT focuses on fundamentals more. It is good for kick start.
From today I am going to start learning concepts from MGMAT verbal. I got 6e from my friend and I got 2019 latest edition books from amazon. Can you please guide me on strategy preparation for verbal only?
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22047 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Romil042 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Romil042,

Thank you so much Scott for your time.
I am planning to appear for GMAT again. I am targeting 760 score. I am planning to appear for test by start of December. For Quant, I am a bit sure because of my background in UG and PG; planning for Q49 to Q51. I am looking forward to convert V22 to V44.
I am not good with RC for sure. For CR side time pressure is reducing my accuracy. for SC its a bit mix preparation.

So, are you looking for advice on how to improve your RC skills?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
Romil042 wrote:
Please guide me for the verbal improvement

Hi Romil042, your current verbal score of 22 does reveal significant gaps in conceptual understanding, across all the sections in Verbal.

I am curious to know if you were receiving similar scores in Verbal, in your mocks as well?

Also, within Verbal, which specific section bothers you the most?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts