Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 23:41 It is currently 13 May 2024, 23:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63874 [10]
Given Kudos: 1782
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63874 [0]

Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert

Send PM
Re: GMAT Ninja Study Plan Week 5 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AjmainFaieq wrote:
Hi GMATNinja. Hope you are doing fine. I just have a question. Upto week 3 in CR we did only LSAT sets. In the 4th week,we did first 25 CR questions from verbal OG. Here in week 5 we are told to do the 3rd 25 set of CR questions from main OG. We did not do first 50 CR questions from the main OG. Should we skip the first 50 questions from main OG or it should have been first 25 set of questions from the main OG guide?

Oh wow -- thank you so much for noticing this, AjmainFaieq! Great eye. This study plan is an absolute beast in terms of its scope and word count, and I assumed that I'd make mistakes in allocating the OG and Verbal Guide assignments -- but you're the first to actually catch a big mistake like this one. It's hugely appreciated.

I definitely didn't intend to skip the first 50 CR questions in the OG. I'll spare you most of the details, but I need to edit most of the 13 threads to fix the error -- I'll get that done in the next day or two.

If you (or anybody else) skipped those 50 CR questions, it would be fine to do those questions anytime if you want some extra practice on easy-to-medium questions. But if you're deeper into the study plan and you're already doing well on the harder ones, the easier ones might not be the best use of your time at this stage.

And again: I'll have the mistake fixed in the next day or two.

Thank you again, AjmainFaieq!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V35
Send PM
GMATNinja one query I have is, are the older video series on Youtube different than the new 18-part series on the GmatNinja Tutoring channel? If I want to pick and follow one, which one should I go for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
GMAT Ninja Study Plan Week 5 [#permalink]
GMATNinja - Thank you for this series of homework and benchmarks, they are extremely helpful. I've noticed on my error log that I struggle with inferences questions and with "similar" questions (the passage presents an argument with a certain structure and one answer fits the original one) on the GMAT, but particularly on the LSAT ( it feels like someone is pounding my head!).

Do you have any recommendation or is it just a matter of extremely painful practice? I watched a bunch of videos, bit I still find these type of questions excruciating...Thanks
GMAT Club Verbal Expert

Send PM
Expert Reply
aasdf1234 wrote:
GMATNinja one query I have is, are the older video series on Youtube different than the new 18-part series on the GmatNinja Tutoring channel? If I want to pick and follow one, which one should I go for?

Sorry that I'm late to the party on this! Our video playlists on the two channels are very different, and I wouldn't say that one is necessarily better than the other. The videos we do on the GMAT Club channel are more like a community event -- they're usually filmed live, with plenty of input from viewers. So they tend to be a bit higher-energy, and they also contain all sorts of very clear evidence that I'm human and therefore prone to making outrageous errors. :lol:

The videos on the GMAT Ninja YouTube channel are a bit more methodical, for better or worse. They're pre-recorded, so there's some gentle editing involved, and the series are designed to be a little bit more thorough -- more like a full, free video course that's been carefully planned ahead of time. So the energy is very different, and you'll also see the full team of our tutors in those videos -- not just the big-nosed weirdo who allegedly resembles Adam Sandler. ;)

So it's just a question of personal preference, really. Try both, and see which videos you like better.

I hope that helps a bit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
Hi GMATNinja, first of all a great thanks to you for making this study plan. Really deeply appreciate your efforts on this one!
I have only about a month to go for my GMATFocus and I'm studying full time with this plan and treating every week like a 2-3 day assignment. Would love to have your guidance if this is something terrible I'm doing? (I hope not :P)
I'm at Week 5 now and my exam is scheduled on 6th Dec. I'm planning to get a top college here in India in Round 3 so aiming for around 650-660 in GMATF and in my first practice test I got 525, VR & DI at about 60-70 percentile but got absolutely crushed on Quant at 17 percentile, probably because I'm studying after 6 years of working now.

If there is anything you would like to suggest/guide me on based on my approach to this plan, please do!

Just wanted to keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again for the great work :)
GMAT Club Verbal Expert

Send PM
Expert Reply
amandeep9631 wrote:
Hi GMATNinja, first of all a great thanks to you for making this study plan. Really deeply appreciate your efforts on this one!
I have only about a month to go for my GMATFocus and I'm studying full time with this plan and treating every week like a 2-3 day assignment. Would love to have your guidance if this is something terrible I'm doing? (I hope not :P)
I'm at Week 5 now and my exam is scheduled on 6th Dec. I'm planning to get a top college here in India in Round 3 so aiming for around 650-660 in GMATF and in my first practice test I got 525, VR & DI at about 60-70 percentile but got absolutely crushed on Quant at 17 percentile, probably because I'm studying after 6 years of working now.

If there is anything you would like to suggest/guide me on based on my approach to this plan, please do!

Just wanted to keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again for the great work :)

Thank you so much for the kind words, and apologies for my slow response!

The only real risk to compressing this study plan (or any other study plan) is that if you study too much on any given day, there's a very good chance that fatigue will set in, and you'll start making sloppy errors. Once that happens, it's really easy for bad habits to sneak in -- if you practice making sloppy errors, you're just going to train your brain to make more of them. And on an adaptive test like the GMAT, that's the easiest way to wreck your score.

That's arguably the biggest thing that makes studying for the GMAT different than, say, studying for a university exam in organic chemistry or economics or something: the GMAT is a test of reading and reasoning and execution more than it is a test of knowledge. You can "cram" for 12 hours straight for most university exams, and you might be miserable in hour #12, but you're still learning SOMETHING that's likely to help you on test day. On the GMAT, you'll eventually start doing more harm than good if you overdo it, just because your process and consistency will fall apart after some number of hours.

So just keep an eye on your execution. If you start making a mess of your sets in hour #4 or hour #7 or whenever, please stop. ;)

I hope that helps a bit!
GMAT Club Bot