Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Send PM
examPAL Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1777 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2853 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Given Kudos: 217
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.56
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: gmat prep: again [#permalink]
anurag2018 wrote:
Hi

I gave gmat last week and scored 650 vs target score 720. The problems I am facing right now are
1) what all test series to use for my preparation now as I have already take Manhattan, Veritas and Gmatprep all 6 tests
2) How can I improve my verbal.During the exam I didn't feel that I am doing okay, but the result was completely different than my imagination. I scored v28 while in last 3 practice with gmatprep I scored v34,v35 and v38. I am trying to understand what all mistake I am making during exams.
Please suggest. thanks in advance :)

Please give a try to Aristotle books (Wiley's GMAT sentence Correction Grail, CR Grail and RC grail). I am preparing with those and so far happy with it.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi anurag2018,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Before providing specific advice, I’d like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. I have some questions:

1) What was the score breakdown of your GMAT?

2) How many practice GMAT tests did you take? Please list the dates on which you’ve taken any practice GMATs, the total scores, and the quant, verbal, and IR scores, as well as how you were feeling while taking the tests. Also, please tell me where these tests came from (ex: mba.com).

3) Please describe how you studied. For how many hours a day did you study and for how many months?

4) To what programs will you be applying? What are the deadlines for these programs?

5) By when would you LIKE to take the GMAT? By when MUST you take the GMAT?

6) For how many hours a day, on average, can you study between now and your next GMAT?

7) In your opinion, how prepared were you for the GMAT? It's important that you answer this question as objectively as possible.

Once I learn a bit more about you, I can provide some detailed advice.

You may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
anurag2018 wrote:
Hi

I gave gmat last week and scored 650 vs target score 720. The problems I am facing right now are
1) what all test series to use for my preparation now as I have already take Manhattan, Veritas and Gmatprep all 6 tests
2) How can I improve my verbal.During the exam I didn't feel that I am doing okay, but the result was completely different than my imagination. I scored v28 while in last 3 practice with gmatprep I scored v34,v35 and v38. I am trying to understand what all mistake I am making during exams.
You've taken a lot of tests. Were your verbal scores consistently around 35? If so, maybe the 28 is not representative of what you are capable of. Check whether you were already familiar with any of the questions on your practice tests (that could have inflated the score estimates you received) and whether you took your practice tests under conditions similar to actual exam conditions (for example, no pausing).

Also, you might have to work with some of the tests you already have. Switching to new material won't help if that material is not good.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1988 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
anurag2018 wrote:
Hi

Hi
I agree with the above posts. Its better to analyze the tests thoroughly that you have taken already.
Identify your weakness and work on it.
For Verbal, I think the following post will help you:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-impro ... 42361.html
GMAT Club Bot