Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [1]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep Burnout? [merged] [#permalink]
Kudos
I feel you mate. This is my 4th attempt, and I refuse to give up unless I get the minimum desired score. Needless to say, I do not have a social life. I do not enjoy drinking or going out, nor do I have with whom to go out (I moved to US one year ago, and since I work a lot, I do not have time for any extra activities). I made my mission to improve my gmat score so that to have the chance to get myself proper education (for me knowledge is power). I really hope this nightmare will end very soon :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nhuygio83,

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional question, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I need a serious and desperate help from you guys.I have started preparing GMAT from 2013 after few days of my preparation I was ill gone through surgery then lost my job then after getting new job I started preparing GMAT again in 2015 then also faced many personal and professional ups and down.I agree that ups and downs are a part of life.Still took GMAT in OCT 2015 and got 430(verbal 12,Quant 38 )and lost my soul took break from GMAT but in my mind I always think about GMAT and business school and I could not able to give up.Then I decided to start afresh in JULY.This time I completed OG 13th edition,NOVA for math,Manhattan Sc,Power score CR,question from Gmat club but still not able to gain courage to take date for real GMAT.I feel burnt inwardly.I figured out I am not able to concentrate on mock test and not able to gain stamina.Can anyone please help me to overcome this situation?

I want a proper plan for 1 month and want know which books and material I should complete before the test as well as how many mock tests I need to take to prepare myself for the real GMAT.Please help me guys I also want a good score like others and I need to take gmat before mid OCTober 2016 as I am planning to apply in round 2 for US based business schools.Thanks in advance guys
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 221 [0]
Send PM
Surreal wrote:
ThankGod I found this thread!! I have been down in the dumps for a few days now. My personal life has just added to my GMAT pressure. And together its becomming increasingly difficult to go on!! :cry:

I got a very low score the last time I took GMAT & was confident in cracking it this time. I scheduled the GMAT for Nov 4th & started looking at the books in Aug end. Somehow, I lost touch & restarted my work in Sept end. :!: And October proved to be really harsh on me as I had some unforeseen travel & assignments ... so, I lost more than a coupla weeks there. As I lost out on some precious time, I postponed my exam to Nov 24th :oops: :oops:

Now, though I have been trying to sit & rack my brains, I am slowing down tremendously!! I have lost the zeal to go ahead & see the GMAT as this big burden that I am just waiting to off-load :( Even though, my scores have considerably impoved from the last time I took GMAT, attimes, it takes a beating!! And I begin to wonder whether I was crazy to postpone the exam.. I shld have just kept quiet & taken the exam on 4th.

Guys, Need to go on... Also, been very irregular on the forum.. :( The challenges wear me out too easily... :oops:

Looks like I need some miracles to go on. :) Any pointers..

Cheers
Surreal

dont worry

Ive done:

- over 2000 Official Questions (Offical Guide, Official Guide quant only, Official Guide Verbal only) --> several times
- over 2000 Videos on Khan
- all Videos on Magoosh
- all Videos on GmatprepNow
- all Videos on Gmat Quantum
- all 6 official Practice Exams
- Critical Reasoning Bible
- Practice Problems from Official Question Pack

Ive got 5 "First places in student Rankings"
I work in qunatitative portfoliomanagement

Aaaaaaand....I scored just 640 on my practice exam and 480 on my real exam ! 480!!! omg still cant believe it.. I canceled the score within 1 sec. I didnt even check my breakdown

And no.. im not rushing through the Problems. I Review them thoroughly, i.e. I read the official Explanation, check Bunnel`s and write everything down.

One week left till my next attempt but Im completely stump guys
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
daviddaviddavid wrote:
Surreal wrote:
ThankGod I found this thread!! I have been down in the dumps for a few days now. My personal life has just added to my GMAT pressure. And together its becomming increasingly difficult to go on!! :cry:

I got a very low score the last time I took GMAT & was confident in cracking it this time. I scheduled the GMAT for Nov 4th & started looking at the books in Aug end. Somehow, I lost touch & restarted my work in Sept end. :!: And October proved to be really harsh on me as I had some unforeseen travel & assignments ... so, I lost more than a coupla weeks there. As I lost out on some precious time, I postponed my exam to Nov 24th :oops: :oops:

Now, though I have been trying to sit & rack my brains, I am slowing down tremendously!! I have lost the zeal to go ahead & see the GMAT as this big burden that I am just waiting to off-load :( Even though, my scores have considerably impoved from the last time I took GMAT, attimes, it takes a beating!! And I begin to wonder whether I was crazy to postpone the exam.. I shld have just kept quiet & taken the exam on 4th.

Guys, Need to go on... Also, been very irregular on the forum.. :( The challenges wear me out too easily... :oops:

Cheers
Surreal

dont worry

Ive done:

- over 2000 Official Questions (Offical Guide, Official Guide quant only, Official Guide Verbal only) --> several times
- all Videos on Magoosh

Aaaaaaand....I scored just 640 on my practice exam and 480 on my real exam ! 480!!! omg still cant believe it.. I canceled the score within 1 sec. I didnt even check my breakdown

And no.. im not rushing through the Problems. I Review them thoroughly, i.e. I read the official Explanation, check Bunnel`s and write everything down.

While studying for the GMAT, it is very easy to fall into the mindset of "I need to do this and I need to do that." It's true that you have to study to do well on the test, but it is just as important to spend some time away from GMAT. GMAT is not a memorization test. Instead, it is a test that require the test takers to analyze the question and then find the best approach to solve the problem. If you don't let your mind rest, you will not perform to the best of your ability. Go watch a movie or go out with a friend to a restaurant. Your mind will thank you later. :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Great question! I have written about this at length over here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-do-you-s ... 96742.html

Let me know how if you found the advice useful :)

Arun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
M23A wrote:
daviddaviddavid wrote:
Surreal wrote:

Cheers
Surreal

dont worry

Ive done:

- all Videos on Magoosh

While studying for the GMAT, it is very easy to fall into the mindset of "I need to do this and I need to do that." It's true that you have to study to do well on the test, but it is just as important to spend some time away from GMAT. GMAT is not a memorization test. Instead, it is a test that require the test takers to analyze the question and then find the best approach to solve the problem. If you don't let your mind rest, you will not perform to the best of your ability. Go watch a movie or go out with a friend to a restaurant. Your mind will thank you later. :P

Burnout does occur. One month before taking the test I got a score of 590 in a practice test...the Verbal was pathetic - i guess there were quite a few mistakes in the test too but i was shattered cause that was my lowest ever score.

So i left studying for 2-3 days and just had fun.... :-D After that - i focussed on Kap 800...made a schedule...and scores improved.

SO - just relax and then go at it again....ALL THE BEST
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3