Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 245
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep help [#permalink]
Expert Reply
samgyupsal wrote:
Hi experts and GMATclub users,

I've exhausted all the GMATprep CATs (and took them multiple times each, at least 2x each) and MGMAT CATS (took them roughly a year ago + its GRE exams, which use similar RC passages). I have one Veritas CAT left (took one last week and got 680-Q47 V37), but I'm afraid I won't have any good exams left to take after this one.

Any advice on how to structure the next month would be very helpful! (I would like to take another PT tomorrow morning and every Saturday for the next month, if that's the wise move right now...)

P.S. for the past month or two, I've been primarily using Target Test Prep for verbal prep and will be hitting the OG21s likely starting next week. My test is on 1/19/2021. Previous GMAT scores (650 Q48V31; 640 Q48V28; 640 Q47V31; two canceled tests)

Hi samgyupsal,

I'm not sure if you have exhausted the official mocks. If you didn't, you can take them. And to be honest, you don't have to take too many mocks because that doesn't do any good. I'm sure you must be having a clear idea of your weak areas by now. So, the best option would be to work on them. Focus on the process and learn the right methods to solve questions.

Go through the solutions of all the questions you have solved till now. Identify the step at which you made mistake. This is the best way of learning. Take more timed quizzes if you are confident that you are done with your preparation. Once you start getting good accuracy in the quizzes, you can start taking mocks. All the best :)
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you bb and GMATWhizTeam for your responses.

ScottTargetTestPrep I've completed the areas that I believe I've been struggling with. And for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been hitting the OGs a lot more frequently. And after logging my errors from the OGs, I use TTP to leverage the content and qs (esp for quant); I just went through the rates chapter, and it was great. I didn't even recognize that this was a weaker area of mine; I usually got them right, but I would need around 3 minutes to solve sometimes.

This past week, I took the GMATclub Verbal CAT (v31) w/ the TTP Quant Diagnostic (got 7 wrong). I have strong idea of where I need to focus on for quant (i.e., rates, probability, comb/perms, and ratios). Any recommendations on Verbal? I plan to take another PT this Saturday - likely, an official mock (repeat).
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22073 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
samgyupsal wrote:

ScottTargetTestPrep I've completed the areas that I believe I've been struggling with. And for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been hitting the OGs a lot more frequently. And after logging my errors from the OGs, I use TTP to leverage the content and qs (esp for quant); I just went through the rates chapter, and it was great. I didn't even recognize that this was a weaker area of mine; I usually got them right, but I would need around 3 minutes to solve sometimes.

This past week, I took the GMATclub Verbal CAT (v31) w/ the TTP Quant Diagnostic (got 7 wrong). I have strong idea of where I need to focus on for quant (i.e., rates, probability, comb/perms, and ratios). Any recommendations on Verbal? I plan to take another PT this Saturday - likely, an official mock (repeat).

How was the practice test?
Current Student
Send PM
GMAT Prep help [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
samgyupsal wrote:

How was the practice test?

Not too great - Q48 V35.
Verbal debrief: This definitely isn't an accurate representation of my score. I remembered some of the questions. Strangely, this made things even worse for SC it seemed. For all the questions I recognized, I got them wrong. For CR and RC, I definitely felt I remembered some of the questions/passages. I've been going through problems (topics based on my error log) every day - 15SCs, 10CRs, 1 RC passage, 30 quant. I've incorporated notes that I've collected from MGMAT and TTP while i reference errors, and I think it's helping. But any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Quant debrief: I made at least 3-4 careless errors. I was shocked when I saw Q48 but realized I wasn't careful in some questions. I would get all the way to the very end and answer the wrong question. Might've been a lack of sleep, which probably helped my test anxiety a bunch.

Overall debrief: I wasn't careful enough this past test. I've been putting a crazy amount of pressure on myself every time before a PT to mirror what I might feel like before the actual thing. But moving forward, I will relax more (and make sure I do the same on test day - or be more comfortable with pressure) and sleep more this week.

I will be taking my last (new) Veritas CAT this Saturday. Thank you for checking in ScottTargetTestPrep - means a lot!
GMAT Club Bot
GMAT Prep help [#permalink]