GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 16 Jul 2020, 06:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT quant, Im I correct?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT quant, Im I correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2020, 13:36
Hi, I have been solving GMAT official quant 700 level level questions, mainly DS, from 1 month of practice I got to know that GMAT doesn't real checking my quant skills, rather it is really testing my general aptitude and level of attentiveness.

Am I thinking right about it?
Math Expert
V
Re: GMAT quant, Im I correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 06:19
lakshya14 wrote:
Hi, I have been solving GMAT official quant 700 level level questions, mainly DS, from 1 month of practice I got to know that GMAT doesn't real checking my quant skills, rather it is really testing my general aptitude and level of attentiveness.

Am I thinking right about it?

Why would you say that?
Your general aptitude and level of attentiveness is tested throughout the exam and just not in Quant.
All the questions are related to some topic and you got to know number properties, probability, combinations, and various other topics, so surely quant skills are a must even on DS.

You will have to elaborate on what exactly you mean by it.
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 17:32
Hi lakshya14,

I’m having some trouble understanding your exact question. Can you please elaborate?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com

250 REVIEWS

5-STAR RATED ONLINE GMAT QUANT SELF STUDY COURSE

NOW WITH GMAT VERBAL (BETA)

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT quant, Im I correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2020, 10:56
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi lakshya14,

I’m having some trouble understanding your exact question. Can you please elaborate?

Yes, it was my bad for not stating the question clearly. I was talking only about quant section, especially DS. Before solving the questions, I was expecting a bit long methods to solve the problems, as we used to do in our schools. But later realized that it was more of a "attentiveness" demanding section. Most questions can be solved quickly, and pay attention to the question, by not missing key details such as "x is a prime or x is a positive integer". I felt a bit comfortable with the questions and got to know they are testing my quant skills but also my reasoning skills equally.
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2020, 11:52
lakshya14 wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi lakshya14,

Yes, it was my bad for not stating the question clearly. I was talking only about quant section, especially DS. Before solving the questions, I was expecting a bit long methods to solve the problems, as we used to do in our schools. But later realized that it was more of a "attentiveness" demanding section. Most questions can be solved quickly, and pay attention to the question, by not missing key details such as "x is a prime or x is a positive integer". I felt a bit comfortable with the questions and got to know they are testing my quant skills but also my reasoning skills equally.

Yes, I agree. DS questions test not only your math skills but also your reasoning skills. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com

250 REVIEWS

5-STAR RATED ONLINE GMAT QUANT SELF STUDY COURSE

NOW WITH GMAT VERBAL (BETA)

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT quant, Im I correct?   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2020, 11:52

GMAT quant, Im I correct?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k