GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Apr 2019, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 16:59
Hi everyone,

I have a very specific question in regards to how GMAT scores are being sent to BSchools and were hoping you guys would maybe have some insights:

I am currently applying to the Harvard 2+2 / Stanford Deferred Entry / Yale Silver Scholar programs. I took the GMAT yesterday (I know, quite late, but that wasn't in my control), and scored 710 but with Q 44 (50th) / V42 (96th) / IR 8 (92th). I accepted the score but did not enter the schools, yet. I would like to retake it as my practice quant scores were significantly better and 44 seems very borderline.
However, the last date left to retake it is the day before the Harvard deadline. Thus, my idea was that I would retake it, enter the schools on the day and accept the score if better and cancel if worse. If I'd have to cancel, I would order the additional score reports for the schools on the same day.
Intuitively, I would think this should work as the schools allow to take the test up to the admissions deadline date and the official GMAT scores will only be sent within a 20day timeframe. An additional score report is supposed to only take 7 days to be processed.
However, I have no clue whether this is true in practice as I don't know the underlying processes. I am worried that if I would have to cancel + order additional score report, the admissions system will just indicate a missing GMAT.

Does anyone have any idea regarding this?

Thank you very much in advance!
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 03:19
Lfb wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a very specific question in regards to how GMAT scores are being sent to BSchools and were hoping you guys would maybe have some insights:

I am currently applying to the Harvard 2+2 / Stanford Deferred Entry / Yale Silver Scholar programs. I took the GMAT yesterday (I know, quite late, but that wasn't in my control), and scored 710 but with Q 44 (50th) / V42 (96th) / IR 8 (92th). I accepted the score but did not enter the schools, yet. I would like to retake it as my practice quant scores were significantly better and 44 seems very borderline.
However, the last date left to retake it is the day before the Harvard deadline. Thus, my idea was that I would retake it, enter the schools on the day and accept the score if better and cancel if worse. If I'd have to cancel, I would order the additional score reports for the schools on the same day.
Intuitively, I would think this should work as the schools allow to take the test up to the admissions deadline date and the official GMAT scores will only be sent within a 20day timeframe. An additional score report is supposed to only take 7 days to be processed.
However, I have no clue whether this is true in practice as I don't know the underlying processes. I am worried that if I would have to cancel + order additional score report, the admissions system will just indicate a missing GMAT.

Does anyone have any idea regarding this?

Thank you very much in advance!
You could check with your schools, but you should be fine as long as you take the GMAT before your earliest deadline. You don't need to worry about when the score reports will be made available to your target schools (as long as you don't delay too much).

You're right about the "7 days to be processed bit". Under normal circumstances, you'll receive a confirmation of score report fulfillment within 3-6 days of ordering additional score reports.
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Re: GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 19:37
I agree with @AjiteshArun; as long as you reach out to the schools beforehand to let them know what is going on, you should not have any problems. Furthermore, if you end up using the first score, I’m sure you can include your GMAT score on your application, and then they will see your official score report about a week later.

Feel free to reach out with further questions. Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2019, 19:37

GMAT retake / additional score report on admissions deadline date

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap