It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 14:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Operations, Operations
GMAT 1: 610 Q48 V26
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests
GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 07:19
This was my first attempt at GMAT. I scored a 610. way below my expectation. My quant score was Q48 Verbal score was V26.
I started preparing for GMAT From mid -june. I didn't put any special efforts in Quant i had subscribed to gmat club Quant course.

I needed help in verbal i had subsribed for E - GMAT Verbal online course. i finished the whole course.
My first gmat prep score was : Q48 V 20 560. I gave my first gmat prep mock in the first week of august after completing 50% of the course.
I panicked a lot. i contacted E-gmat experts . they were very helpful in this regard they had sent me a specific plan to improve my verbal ability .
I started following the plan altough i cudn't give my 100% following the plan. I contacted the e gmat experts again , mentioning that my accuracy in verbal sentence correction has improved a bit but under timed conditions i am still not able to solve correctly. they had advised me to postpone my gmat date and improve my ability level first. I should sincerely thank all the e- gmat experts they would always respond to any query within 24 hours also the course is quite good .
I still took the risk of giving the GMAT on 22nd september as i have some personal commitments after september. I took 10 days leave from my work . I thought i could improve my score within the stipulated period time with practice . but i was wrong.
I took a mock in IMS on 12 th of september i scored : 620
2nd mock: IMS on 15th september : 640
3 rd mock gmat prep :610 ( Q48, V 26)
4th mock 800 score.com : 640 ( Q 48, V29) I took this on 20th september

I was confident that i could score around 650 now.

But on test day my system got hanged while i was attempting the quants section I got panicked i thought i have not done well in my quants section and i was not able to focus in my verbal section.

I am aiming for a score of 670-680.
is it acheivable within 1 month of time?
Is retaking a good option for me??
advise needed.

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 38

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 09:08
The reason for your bad score is giving the gmat too early. Since you started with a 48 in your first test it indicates that your quant is solid. You should focus on your quants and try to improve a 49-50 so that you get 10-20 points more. Now with verbal my advise would be not to give the exam again until you hit 40-43 in your mocks. I know easier said than done but that is the only way. Make your verbal as strong as your math so that whatever question is throw at you , you will still be able to solve or atleast give a good attempt. E-gmat is self sufficient to get you beyond the 40 mark. Also while solving verbal look for patterns . Usually trap choices have a pattern. Even in particularly hard cr questions which you will get beyond say a 40 level i was able to eliminate 3 choices based on patterns. Also see what each question is testing start thinking like a question setter.

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2017, 18:30
Hello,
Thank you for your valuable advise. Do you think a 40-43 in verbal is achievable from a score of 26. Which areas should I focus in verbal first sc/cr/rc?
Thanks
Shruti

Sent from my CPH1609 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Manager
Manager
S

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 00:48
To be honest i think going from a 35 to 43 is one thing and going from a 26 to 40+ is another thing all together. Since you are an engineer probably you are good with math and logic, Hence i would say start with cr as it is easy for those with logical minds.After cr you could do sc . Egmat is amazing for sc so just finish all the modules and understand them conceptually. Finally you could master rc. Also improve your math to a 49-50

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 00:57
Thanks a lot for ur feedback. :)

Sent from my CPH1609 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Re: GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2017, 00:57

GMAT Score 610. Q48 V26 advice needed for retake

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap