It is currently 24 Nov 2017, 04:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2003, 15:06
Hey all,

I'm glad that there's a forum such as this where I can ask some questions and get a feel for what I'm getting myself into here (I'm writing the exam in August)...

My question is, how quickly do you get your GMAT results back once you've written it? I thought it might have been instantaneously displayed once you've completed it, since it is a CAT afterall, but what about the grading of the AWA section?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15884

Kudos [?]: 29121 [0], given: 5273

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2003, 15:27
rdilawri wrote:
Hey all,

I'm glad that there's a forum such as this where I can ask some questions and get a feel for what I'm getting myself into here (I'm writing the exam in August)...

My question is, how quickly do you get your GMAT results back once you've written it? I thought it might have been instantaneously displayed once you've completed it, since it is a CAT afterall, but what about the grading of the AWA section?



You know your score immediately after you are with the test, but AWA takes 2 weeks in the US and 4 outside due to the time it takes mail to reach you.

So, it takes them about 10 days to grade the essays and a few days to mail them out.

BB

Kudos [?]: 29121 [0], given: 5273

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2003, 21:23
Thanks BB! So, the initial score that they post to you is not the 'official' score then? My concern is that I won't get the mailed-in results within the timeframe I had hoped to submit my application in by. I presume I can just list my posted score in its place?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15884

Kudos [?]: 29121 [0], given: 5273

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2003, 23:39
rdilawri wrote:
Thanks BB! So, the initial score that they post to you is not the 'official' score then? My concern is that I won't get the mailed-in results within the timeframe I had hoped to submit my application in by. I presume I can just list my posted score in its place?



The way the scores work (here is more exhaustive description: http://www.gmatclub.com/members/score_report/index.shtml
I have actually just re-wrote this document.)

Anyway, usually schools don't accept the scores from you; GMAC has to send them in to the University, so if you have requested for them to be sent, you can't really do anything, but if you did not do it, then you need to hurry and request your scores to be sent in. Usually schools have a place on the application they ask you to list your scores and percentiles, and you just list them there....


-=-

Kudos [?]: 29121 [0], given: 5273

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 322

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Location: India
Schools: Duke '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 12:09
bb wrote:
Anyway, usually schools don't accept the scores from you; GMAC has to send them in to the University, so if you have requested for them to be sent, you can't really do anything, but if you did not do it, then you need to hurry and request your scores to be sent in. Usually schools have a place on the application they ask you to list your scores and percentiles, and you just list them there....


-=-


Hello BB,

Sorry to bump into an old thread but how long does GMAC take to send the school report. I requested additional score reports on the 20th of September and my school hasn't recieved them yet. Any idea as to how long it usually takes

Regards,
HK

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2779

Kudos [?]: 922 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 12:26
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Hello BB,

Sorry to bump into an old thread but how long does GMAC take to send the school report. I requested additional score reports on the 20th of September and my school hasn't recieved them yet. Any idea as to how long it usually takes

Regards,
HK


Hi Hatakekakashi,

I hope this post answers your query. :)

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 922 [0], given: 67

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 322

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Location: India
Schools: Duke '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2017, 12:28
abhimahna wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Hello BB,

Sorry to bump into an old thread but how long does GMAC take to send the school report. I requested additional score reports on the 20th of September and my school hasn't recieved them yet. Any idea as to how long it usually takes

Regards,
HK


Hi Hatakekakashi,

I hope this post answers your query. :)

Posted from my mobile device


haha it does ;)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Re: GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?)   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2017, 12:28
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMAT Scores (How soon do you get 'em?)

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.