Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [3]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20707 [0]
Given Kudos: 926
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Re: Send GMAT score to schools: How long do schools retain scores? [#permalink]
Could we able to download the result in PDF so that we could send to school on our own?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Send PM
ziyuen wrote:
Could we able to download the result in PDF so that we could send to school on our own?

I don't think schools will accept it in that format even if we can download it.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
ziyuen wrote:

You cannot download any PDF from mba.com site. You can get the copy of your score report from the link that Pearson would provide.

Also, that copy is "Candidate's copy". B schools require the copy sent directly from MBA.com to them. They donot accept candidates copy in place of official copy, if they require the official copy.

If they are fine with candidate's copy, they would explicitly mention that. For example, Ross doesn't require us to send them the official copy unless you are admitted. I hope that makes sense.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
ziyuen wrote:

Hi ziyuen,

While there MIGHT be some Schools that don't require an Official Score Report, I would be surprised if any highly competitive/reputable Schools would allow you to send in a copy of that report yourself (and have that serve as the only record of your Official Score). Given the competitive nature of the application process, allowing that type of self-reporting would almost certainly lead clever individuals to create their own fake GMAT Score Reports - and 'corrupt' the application process. That is something Business Schools don't want to happen.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Related question, if I sent my score report to 5 schools last year (the 5 selected when I took the exam) and want to now send the official report to a couple of other schools, will the schools I send it to this time round see the initial 5 schools I sent it to last year?
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2412 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Send GMAT score to schools: How long do schools retain scores? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
hazelnut wrote:

Yes, you can download a PDF of your full score report from the Wiley site using your unique URL and date of birth. However, as others have said, it's all too easy to doctor a PDF, so schools will want real proof in the form of an official GMAT score report, sent directly from GMAC and not from you.

In addition, that "test-taker score report" PDF includes all your scores from the last 5 years, including cancellations, unlike the school score report, which does not show cancellations.

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 23 May 2017, 07:48.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 05 Sep 2019, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi all,

I've ordered my school reports to be sent to respective schools last month (20th Sept) , How long does it take for the school to recieve the report?

My gmat exam date - 22nd november 2016 - I sent scores to different schools back then

Regards,
HK
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Hi all,

I've ordered my school reports to be sent to respective schools last month (20th Sept) , How long does it take for the school to recieve the report?

My gmat exam date - 22nd november 2016 - I sent scores to different schools back then

Regards,
HK

Hi Hatakekakashi ,

Schools retain the score until you apply there or until it's valid.

How long does the score take to reach them? --> I ordered score report to be sent to 5 b schools on 1st October and I received an email on 2nd October morning stating that the score has been sent successfully. So, it won't take much time even though they mention that they will take a week or so.

If you gave your exam on 22nd Nov and didn't give again(with an improvement), then you are not required to send them the scores again. They can directly fetch the score from what you sent previously.

Does that make sense?
VP
VP
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
How long does the score take to reach them? --> I ordered score report to be sent to 5 b schools on 1st October and I received an email on 2nd October morning stating that the score has been sent successfully. So, it won't take much time even though they mention that they will take a week or so.

Does that make sense?

Hey abhimahna,

I've requested for additional score reports on 20th Sept and yet the school hasn't received and there's an awaiting status for the same.

I just checked my mail and

"As you requested, an Official Score Report - School Copy has been made available to the program(s) listed below. All of your GMAT® exam scores from the past five years were reported to each program. The dates below indicate when the scores were mailed or made available electronically; the dates do not indicate when the program received or chose to access your scores."

I guess I got my answer ;-; Thanks for the quick response

Regards,
HK
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:

Hey abhimahna,

I've requested for additional score reports on 20th Sept and yet the school hasn't received and there's an awaiting status for the same.

I just checked my mail and

"As you requested, an Official Score Report - School Copy has been made available to the program(s) listed below. All of your GMAT® exam scores from the past five years were reported to each program. The dates below indicate when the scores were mailed or made available electronically; the dates do not indicate when the program received or chose to access your scores."

I guess I got my answer ;-; Thanks for the quick response

Regards,
HK

Oh lol. That status won't change unless they pick your application to review. So, don't worry. You are done with your job and now let them do their job. Good luck ;)
VP
VP
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:

Oh lol. That status won't change unless they pick your application to review. So, don't worry. You are done with your job and now let them do their job. Good luck ;)

Hey thanks wish you the same. I was just worried my application wasn't submitted ;-;

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
I just had a doubt. Like I've got a mail that my score has been sent to the 5 selected colleges but will they get in touch with me themselves or do I need to submit my application with the essay and stuff to them and if so do I need to pay for it? as I've heard that other than those 5 b-schools we need to pay for the whole application process.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ezzo wrote:
I just had a doubt. Like I've got a mail that my score has been sent to the 5 selected colleges but will they get in touch with me themselves or do I need to submit my application with the essay and stuff to them and if so do I need to pay for it? as I've heard that other than those 5 b-schools we need to pay for the whole application process.

Hey ezzo ,

Looks like you aren't clear on the application process.

I am happy to help :)

Ideally what happens is most of the schools ask you to send GMAT official score report directly from GMAC.

GMAC takes around $30 for each report. So, by filling the name of 5 schools during the exam itself, you are saving those $150.

But the application process is completely different. For the application process, you need some fees and the score that you already sent need not to be sent again.

Say, I am applying to Harvard. I need to pay $250 application fee + Need to send GMAT score for $30 via GMAC route. Had I filled the name of harvard during my exam, I would have saved those 30 dollars. But I still need to pay $250 as a part of application process.

Does that make sense?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Thanks alot mate:) You really cleared my doubt well, I might disturb you again if I get any doubt regarding the process :p
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Can i send my second attempt gmat score with the previous application form send 1-2 months back to the same university?

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22043 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nishantd88,

You will not have any issues by sending your scores from the test center, even if you do not plan to apply for another year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,
On the test day, what details are required to fill about the 5 schools chosen for sending the report?. Please guide.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2