It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 11:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT tomorrow, tips going into test day

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT tomorrow, tips going into test day [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 12:02
Gmat 1 - 500
Gmat 2 - 530
Gmat 3 - Tomorrow.

Taking my first GMAT was a huge disappointment, however it was pointed out to me that I had been taking my practice exams in a non realistic fashion which led to a big score drop on official day. However, the second time around I was taking my practice tests in full and realistic fashion and was scoring 600-630 consistently on Kaplan practice exams. I took my second official and scored a 530 (V28: Q34). The ESR showed i missed a lot of problems in the second half of quant when I was given high level questions and continued to crash at the end even with medium level questions I was doing fine with before.

I have taken 2 gmat prep exams since then, scoring 610: (V31: Q 40) and 570: (V34: Q 34). I also took just a quant section yesterday because I felt I am stronger than a Q34, and scored a Q45 on it, which boosted my confidence a bit. I feel as though I am a upper 500 level scorer/lower 600s. My goal for tomorrow is to score 600+ which I know I am capable of but the past 2 gmats have me spooked going into this exam even tho my last 5 practices have been 610 620 630 610 570. (all of my IR's have been 70th percentile & 90th percentile AWAs so I am not stressed about them at all)

I have been trying not to stress today/ just going through review sheets and old practice tests. Any advice to carry those practice test results into the official GMAT & pacing to score what I know I'm capable of??

Thank you guys
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Re: GMAT tomorrow, tips going into test day [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 05:11
Mourad wrote:
Gmat 1 - 500
Gmat 2 - 530
Gmat 3 - Tomorrow.

Taking my first GMAT was a huge disappointment, however it was pointed out to me that I had been taking my practice exams in a non realistic fashion which led to a big score drop on official day. However, the second time around I was taking my practice tests in full and realistic fashion and was scoring 600-630 consistently on Kaplan practice exams. I took my second official and scored a 530 (V28: Q34). The ESR showed i missed a lot of problems in the second half of quant when I was given high level questions and continued to crash at the end even with medium level questions I was doing fine with before.

I have taken 2 gmat prep exams since then, scoring 610: (V31: Q 40) and 570: (V34: Q 34). I also took just a quant section yesterday because I felt I am stronger than a Q34, and scored a Q45 on it, which boosted my confidence a bit. I feel as though I am a upper 500 level scorer/lower 600s. My goal for tomorrow is to score 600+ which I know I am capable of but the past 2 gmats have me spooked going into this exam even tho my last 5 practices have been 610 620 630 610 570. (all of my IR's have been 70th percentile & 90th percentile AWAs so I am not stressed about them at all)

I have been trying not to stress today/ just going through review sheets and old practice tests. Any advice to carry those practice test results into the official GMAT & pacing to score what I know I'm capable of??

Thank you guys
On day before the exam, may be you should avoid any new tips and stick to what has worked for you in the prep and the mocks so far. Take a good night sleep and take it easy tomorrow, as another mock test..this strategy has generally worked for me in my exams.

Sent from my SM-T285 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 10:43
smritisingh8 wrote:
Mourad wrote:
Gmat 1 - 500
Gmat 2 - 530
Gmat 3 - Tomorrow.

Thank you guys
On day before the exam, may be you should avoid any new tips and stick to what has worked for you in the prep and the mocks so far. Take a good night sleep and take it easy tomorrow, as another mock test..this strategy has generally worked for me in my exams.

Sent from my SM-T285 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thank you for the advice, I did not study anything new tried to relax. I scored a 570, which was my lower of the practice exams but I think it is ok since my score has increased each time. I still believe my score can be higher than this since my other practices were in the 600-630 range but I'm glad this time it wasn't a HUGE drop off rather just within the range, but on the lower side. I'd like to take the exam one more time before applying because my top schools average ranges are around 610-680 and I know I can get there. Honestly, taking the test I felt I was doing terrible, the questions seemed very hard in Quant and I didn't feel good about verbal either. I feel I can do better for sure. I purchased the ESR and had major drop off in the middle of Quant section. Any advice for getting the 570 up to my range of 610-640? My very highest in all practices of Verbal have been 34 (got this about 3-4 times) my highest verbal on offical tests however is 30 & my highest Quant on all practice is a 45 however my highest on official tests is a 38. The official feels much harder to me than GMAT Prep !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 10:07
Hello,

Quant 45 to 38 is a major drop. If you can left it back by 5-7 points while maintaining verbal, you will meet your target score.

Be confident, your target is completely practical and achievable.

Good luck with the next attempt.
Re: GMAT tomorrow, tips going into test day   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2018, 10:07

GMAT tomorrow, tips going into test day

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap