GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 16:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

GMAT VS TOEFL AND IELTS , WHAT TO CHOOSE ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT VS TOEFL AND IELTS , WHAT TO CHOOSE ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 16:10
Dear friends,

i have a dilemma could you help me to clearfy some things.

My personal aim is to enroll on MBA study, and reach 700+ GMAT scores.

What i want to ask you is about TOEFL and IELTS? Are they also necessary to enroll MBA for students which english is not native language ? If yes, what you propose to do from the perspective of preparation strategy ; should i first start to prepare for TOEFL/IELTS and after that GMAT, or opposite.

And second, if it is obligatory to take TOEFL or IELTS from the pperspective of foregin student, which exam to choose(from the perspective of future job applicant at foreign countries)

Regards
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
B
Re: GMAT VS TOEFL AND IELTS , WHAT TO CHOOSE ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 22:29
CROMBA wrote:
Dear friends,

i have a dilemma could you help me to clearfy some things.

My personal aim is to enroll on MBA study, and reach 700+ GMAT scores.

What i want to ask you is about TOEFL and IELTS? Are they also necessary to enroll MBA for students which english is not native language ? If yes, what you propose to do from the perspective of preparation strategy ; should i first start to prepare for TOEFL/IELTS and after that GMAT, or opposite.

And second, if it is obligatory to take TOEFL or IELTS from the perspective of foregin student, which exam to choose(from the perspective of future job applicant at foreign countries)

Regards

Many B-Schools do not require you to take the TOEFL or IELTS. You can get a waiver if you have completed your undergraduate studies from a university where English was the primary mode of instruction. Check on the schools FAQ section first before deciding to take the test.

Which test to take?
This test is just a verification of your English skills, so any test would do the job. Go through the format and see which cuits you

Order of GMAT and the test?
You can certainly derive knowledge from your GMAT preparation for this test such as Reading and Writing sections.
Hence my advise would be to take the GMAT first.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 00:47
First, prepare for GRE.

GRE is totally different from TOEFL. Though they both are English proficieny test. But in GRE you have to study Quants too.

Second, GRE score is valid for 5 years. Means if you are planning for master after 2 years, an you think you are ready for GRE, you should take your GRE now.

And, generally universities consider your TOEFL score from last 12 months. SO if you are planning to go for masters in 2018 and you take your toefl now, this will be total waste of money. As this score will not be considered at that time. But GRE will be considered for next 5 year. For some universities GRE score is valid for 3 years, and for some it is valid for 5 year.

Another thing, GRE is like a marathon. You will automatically cover some part of TOEFL while preparing for GRE. But for TOEFL, you have four sections, Listening,reading,writing,speaking. As you can see, there is no listening and speaking sections in GRE. And these sections need time. But 1 month is sufficient to train you mind for these two sections. Reading is same as GRE. Similarly, writing is same as GRE also has AWA section.
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 23:58
Hi CROMBA,

For the school requirements, check out this post

本当のライバルは昨日までの自分

Re: GMAT VS TOEFL AND IELTS , WHAT TO CHOOSE ?   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2018, 23:58

GMAT VS TOEFL AND IELTS , WHAT TO CHOOSE ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap