Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:57 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4560 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Goal 750+, scored 700 and 720 on MGMAT CAT [#permalink]
leeum wrote:
Hey everyone,

I take the GMAT in 2.5 weeks. I have recently taken two MGMAT CAT's and have gotten a 700 and a 720 (Q 44, V 45). I think the areas I have for most improvement are still within math, but I wanted to see if anyone has any tips for areas to focus on (verbal vs. quant) at this stage of the game. I am very good at SC, CR I do fine, and RC is my weakest. Ill also attach the assessment report from my past two CATs

Any tips would be appreciated! I feel like I am probably pretty close to my goal, as long as the MGMAT CAT's are truly viewed as "harder" than the real thing. I plan to take my last GMATPrep CAT a week before my test to see where I stand.

I think it would be wiser to focus on quant as accuracy is quite low there and it seems you are getting some 600-700 level questions wrong. The average difficulty of correct questions is below 700 as opposed to verbal. Hence improving quant should be easier than improving verbal.

Having said that, personally I am not 100% sure of how accurate MGMAT is as a predictor for GMAT. A GMATPrep mock should be the immediate next thing you do. Otherwise you're efforts might not be in the right direction.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I used exclusively MGMAT to study and my last two practice CATs were 740 and 710, just a variance on Q there as my V was around 44-45 on my last few CATs. Ended up scoring 770 (Q50 V44), and the MGMAT Q difficulty was great prep for the real thing which was a breeze in comparison. V on the practices was maybe slight easier than the real test but not by more than 1 or 2 points. If you got a 720 MGMAT I bet you end in the 730-750 range on the real thing.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi leeum,

GMAT club quant test are best and no one can beat these tests.
I also raised my score using these tests and scored Q 50 in real exam
good luck
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Scored 760 on my GMATPrep CAT. Test is in under a week so just staying brushed up on all of my math and verbal, hoping to do the same on test day!
GMAT Club Bot