Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
Send PM
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16615 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Re: guidance [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello Nidhi,

GMAT Club is one of the great platforms to get information about the GMAT official test, Study plan, Section wise instructions, etc.

To assist you better, we would request you to write back with the following questions:

1. What are your current score and target score? (You can mention the Diagnostic test score also)
2. How do you rate yourself in Quant and Verbal?

In a generalized way, to crack GMAT, you need a disciplined study plan, command on basic concepts, exposure to agile approaches, reliable resources, updated comprehensive material and mock tests, and an expert with whom you will be connected throughout your preparations.

You may also see to connect with experts online for your preparation.

As a GMAT instructor, I will first recommend taking our Free diagnostic test https://www.mathrevolution.com/diagnostic/dtExamMember and receiving a comprehensive study guide by topic. This test will clearly help you understand your weak areas. There are also many free materials available in the GMAT Club.

Time is precious and unstoppable at the same time. You can schedule a Free counseling session for 20 mins with one of our experts: https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-o ... th=2020-11 for detailed advice on your study plans.

If you have a recent mock test-score available with break up, kindly send it back to me.

Your diagnostic score will clarify what plan you should adopt to beat the GMAT. An initial mock rating will help to understand your concept knowledge of both sections.
Since we are a math expert, we will recommend you go through our post on the GMAT club, which gives a complete break-down of Math. Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach.
Good luck!

Math Revolution Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Do not use e-gmat, their third party questions, format, language (incorrect English) is no where in line with the real gmat.

Sentence correction - understand the meaning of the sentence :: can find many videos online
Critical Reasoning - falisification question, time consuming and not helpful, I got better scores and saved time not using this method
Reading Comprehension - because Magoosh has the concept "active reading" which is the ideal way to undertake the reading passages, they came up with a run off strategy because they can't leave a part of their lessons blank

DO NOT USE E-GMAT!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nidhijain94,

To start, many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores and during that time, studying for 15 - 20 hours a week is common (with smaller study sessions throughout the week - and not just on the weekends).

If you took just that one CAT/mock, then it's not clear what your actual 'ability level' is right now (re: you might have gotten a bit lucky or unlucky on that CAT - so your actual level might be closer to the low-500s or low-600s). As such, you should plan to take a NEW CAT/mock sometime soon - and make sure to take it in a realistic fashion that matches-up with what you will face when you take the Official GMAT (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, if you will be at a Test Facility, then wear a face mask, etc.). Once you have that Score, you should post back here (or you can feel free to PM me directly) and we can discuss the results and how you might best proceed with your studies.

1) Are you planning to take the At-home GMAT or are you planning to take your GMAT at a Test Facility?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?
3) What specific application deadlines are you considering (are you planning for Round 3 or next cycle's Round 1)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [2]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nidhijain94 wrote:
I just gave one mock test and I scored 580 !(though I have after a long break of 2 months without daily practice)
---
---
I am able to do 90-95% OG questions correctly.

This generally doesn't make sense Nidhi. With 90-95% accuracy in OG questions, you should not be getting 580 in mock (even with your timing issue). Which mock test did you give?

Can you give 1-2 more official mock tests and let us know the results. Perhaps 580 is just an anomaly. 1.5 years is a phenomenal time for preparation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Nidhijain94 wrote:
anyone who had faced similar problems please guide me.
I have taken e-gmat course twice. followed their approach and followed all their instructions.
I can do CR questions correctly but it takes me way too much time to read understand the passage and then think of assumptions.
Where am I doing wrong?
Do I need to practice more questions?
Please help me. I am devastated by my performance even after so much practice.

Hi Nidhijain94,

Even I used e-gmat and to be honest, I did not like their CR strategy (Just using the falsification condition). I understand that it takes a lot more time to solve questions that way. There is another method using which you can solve CR questions in a more structured manner. I learnt that from GMATWhiz course. They have a solid framework using which you can pre-think the missing link.

And do not practice too many questions. Practicing without learning the right methods will only result in wastage of time and effort. If you can switch the resource, you can go for GMATWhiz verbal course. If not, I would suggest you not just practice questions but also analyze them in detail. E-gmat has good questions in the scholaranium. Go through the solutions. Analyze each step and identify at which step you made the mistake. I think this should help a little.

I have made a detailed debrief of improving my accuracy in CR. You can go through it to understand a few tips.

Scoring a perfect CR 51 ( 97 percentile ) from being an amateur in CR

https://gmatclub.com/forum/scoring-a-pe ... l#p2526853

Hope it helped. All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot