Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 04:56 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Remgeo!!!!

690 is a great score! Don't feel bad at all!

Good luck for your apps!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1481 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
690 is really good!!! :) . And i don't think you should retake GMAT, but you'll definitely cross the range if you give GMAT another try :)
Good lucks to your application!!! ^.^
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1580 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats remgeo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a stressful day. ButThat is a great score and improvement. I know exactly how you feel. I am glad that you are done with this. you have been a great member and supporter. keep in touch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulation remgeo!!!!!

THAT IS AN AWESOME SCORE!!!!! You did so well...!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats !!!! Good score !!! good luck with your apps .Any suggestion for the verbal section ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulation remgeo!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is a perfect example of advice a tutor gave me:

If you do well on the Quant section, you should feel like you just gotten beatin like a baby seal...

If you think the questions are hard, then you're probably doing good. Question #1 is a 500 level question, if you get Q#1 right, then Q#2 is a 800 level question, then the test spends the next 8 - 10 questions figuring out where your ability is. The rest of the test is just fine tuning your score.

Two people could take the test and miss the exact same number of questions - one could score a 680 and one could score a 380.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations!!! great score
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Remgeo..... :woohoo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 116 [0]
GMAT 3: 640
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats))gr8 score!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats ... great score
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Remgeo, 690 is cool score... especially for the day like this...

Congratulations. :musband
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you my dear friends for all your wishes.

For preparation, what I did was

1) Went thru basics of Math and Verbal. Concepts from Kaplan, Princeton and problems mainly from OG. Ofcourse, the real GMAT is way more difficult than OG esp Math. But you get a good foundation by doing the OG questions. For Verbal, SC use the MGMAT SC guide with OG for foundation.

2) For Math practise, I found this club most useful. When you start off, you may feel very intimidated. But you will eventually get over it. Keep practising and doing problems. One thing I wish I had done earlier was, when you see a question in any area that you are not strong in, rather than looking straight at somebody else's answer, try to do reasearch on that topic and solve the problem yourself. This will give you a much stronger foundation. I found the challenges also pretty useful to give good practise.

3) For Verbal practise, I have not got a gr8 score to advise you a lot :( But maybe you will be able to understand a bit more from the mistakes I made. Make sure you understand OG in and out. Concentrate on why an answer is right/not right. Then work on the CR/SC/RC1000 docs. This is very important. I started on that pretty late and didnt get time to do more than 200 questions each. But I should have done that. Use this forum to clear all your doubts. Until the last 2 weeks I was not at all confident about RC. But Vivek's post and advise helped me a lot. make sure you read it. Understanding why you went wrong and practising is the key !!

3) Practise tests, I didnt take many this time.
Kaplan CAT1 - 630
GmatPrep 1 - 690
GmatPrep 2 - 680
But in these GmatPrep tests I made some silly mistakes like, addition mistake, substitution mistake and in Verbal section, even thinking of one answer and marking the other. I hoped I wouldnt make such mistakes on the real one as I would be able to concentrate more, and so would probably get a better score !!
GmatPrep 3 - night before exam - 760 :shock:
But then, as I said, no regrets !! The day could have gone much worse !! Atleast 690 is not a bad score !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
consultinghokie wrote:
This is a perfect example of advice a tutor gave me:

If you do well on the Quant section, you should feel like you just gotten beatin like a baby seal...

If you think the questions are hard, then you're probably doing good. Question #1 is a 500 level question, if you get Q#1 right, then Q#2 is a 800 level question, then the test spends the next 8 - 10 questions figuring out where your ability is. The rest of the test is just fine tuning your score.

Two people could take the test and miss the exact same number of questions - one could score a 680 and one could score a 380.

I think you are right. But I would say that the first 3 or 4 questions were pretty easy and then it all started :) The first 2 questions were so easy that I checked about 3 times that I have not missed anything :) But I wished I had timed myself better.

But in Verbal, the first SC question itself was not easy. It was pretty confusing. The 2nd question was also not easy. But after that questions apart from a few were not that difficult. But I guess the damage was already done.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Late congrats to you!!! :wave
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats remgeo,

Don't worry about 690 --> 700, fill up the gap in the essays :)
Do stick around buddy :good
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats remgeo.. I still remember your kind words you gave to me when I was down with 660.. I am very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure you will do well!!!!!!!

Hang around.. Tell us wha tyou did different from the first time around.. I am contemplating now giving it again.. seeing your hard work and your determination, i feel i should give it a second shot..

thanks again!

all the best for your apps!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts