Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:00 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:00

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 22, 24
"It was a very positive experience overall. At the outset of my interview, I encountered difficulties joining the Google Meet session and later faced persistent internet connectivity issues, unfortunately. However, my interviewer demonstrated great understanding throughout. We managed to proceed partially with the interview despite the challenges, but she eventually had to conclude due to a prior commitment. She kindly suggested rescheduling to delve deeper into our discussion. Her friendly demeanor and reassurance that such hiccups are common made me feel at ease. Subsequently, we reconvened, seamlessly picking up where we had left off, and successfully concluded the interview. Here are the questions that were posed during the interview: - Introduction - Long-term and Short-term Goals? - Why Haas / Why MBA / Why now? - Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Experience? - Tell me about a time when you had a heated argument/discussion and were proven wrong. How did you react? What actions did you take? How did you feel? - Tell me about a time when you influenced someone to collaborate on a project outside of their scope. - Describe a moment when you took a risk in your professional career. - Any Questions for me? Towards the end of the conversation, after she answered my questions, she inquired about the other schools to which I had applied. I provided an honest response that I have applied to 5 schools including Haas and named them. I also emphasized the rationale behind my choices and highlighted that they were not arbitrary selections or solely based on prestige. Additionally, she asked if I had received interviews from any of the other four schools. I openly shared that I had interviewed at one additional institution, specifying its name, and mentioned that I am currently awaiting responses from the other schools. Although this conversation occurred more informally towards the end, it may have been part of the interview process."
4 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 16, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 16, 24
"Lovely chat with an alumnus based in the US. We had 45 minutes booked for the interview but we were done in 35. I had already asked a few additional questions but couldn't think of anything else to extend the time plus it felt like the conversation had reached a natural conclusion. Questions: - Tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume - Why an MBA and why Haas specifically? - What are your short and long term goals? - What three words would people on your team use to describe you? Would your friends also use those same three words/what words would your friends use? - Tell me about a time you fostered DEI in your professional/personal life Follow-up: what does the non-profit you mentioned really do? - Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict within a cross-disciplinary team - Tell me about a time when you had to reach consensus within your team (not cross-disciplinary) - Tell me about a time when a decision you made (as a leader? can't remember) failed and how you handled it Follow-up: what convinced you to change your decision once you decided to? - Tell me about a time when you had to question the status quo/make a decision that went against the norm - Is there anything else you would like to tell me about yourself that we haven't talked about yet? - Do you have any questions for me? Lots of follow-up questions on each of these but I can't really remember them except that they were natural next questions to the answers I had already given. You need to be specific about your motivations for doing things. Do your research on the school! The interviewer seemed pleased when I dropped some niche facts I had picked up from conversations with current students. I think it went okay but you never know how these things end up"
This user wants to stay Private
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 12, 23
On Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 21, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1.What are you expecting from the MBA experience and Why Haas? 2.Example of diversity and inclusion 3.Tell us about a time when you convinced / persuaded people in your team to adopt your position. How did it work? 4.Tell us about a time when being humble has been beneficial to you in the workplace. 5.Anything else?"
EWMBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 7, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 7, 23
"EWMBA Application - Video Interview 1. Why MBA / why Haas 2. What is your favorite restaurant and why"
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 4, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 3, 23
"Walk me through your resume Why Haas TMAT you experienced conflict on your team. How did you go about it, and what did you learn from it Nose dives into resume clarifications Deep stories about personal life DEI question: Just as asked in the essay prompt TMAT you were in a position to affect change at work. What was it, and what did you learn from it? In three words, how would your neighbor, teammates, and family describe you What does success mean to you Then, circle back into MBA motivation. Overall, it was a lot of stories. I was interviewed by an alum of 18 years. Interview lasted 1 hour 35mins."
4.6 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 25, 23
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 24, 23
"Interviewed by an alumnus. 1 - Walk me through your resume 2 - Why MBA and why Haas? 3 - How will you contribute to DEI at Haas? 4 - TMAT you were in a leadership position and your team had low morale. What you did? 5 - Tell me about the most valuable piece of feedback you received. 6 - Three adjectives your friends/co-workers would use to describe you. 7 - Questions for the interviewer. The interview lasted 45 minutes and was very conversational."
Brazil
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 24, 23
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Oct 21, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1- Why MBA and how Haas fits the objectives? 2- How will you embody DEI at Haas? 4- A time when you resolved a conflict with humility 4- A time when you influenced someone to collaborate on something outside of their scope of work 5- Anything else you want to discuss?"
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 13, 23
Interviewed on:
Oct 13, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"1- Introduce yourself 2- Why MBA 3- Why Haas 4- How will you embody DEI at Haas 5- A time when you took a professional risk 6- A time when you influenced someone to collaborate on something outside of their scope of work 7- If you could change something you've done in a professional setting, what would it be? 8- Recommend an inspiring article 9- Anything else you want to discuss? 10- Questions for the interviewer"
Brazil
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jun 4, 23
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Jan 29, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interviewer (a Haas alum from the emerging market) was nice and straightforward, asking exactly 5 questions as she laid out the structure before the interview (not counting follow-ups). She seemed nice and curious; it was a laid-back interview. Was surprised that there is no “Walk me through your resume” question. The interview lasted about 50 mins, with the last 20 mins for me to ask her some questions about her exp at Haas. Here is the list of questions: Why MBA now? Why Haas? How will you contribute to DEI at Haas? Tell me about a time when you influence an outcome through trust and collaboration Tell me about a time when you influence a team Asking follow-up questions about the details and characters in the prior question Is there anything else not on your resume that you want to share? Asking follow-up questions about the characters and roles in the prior question."
4.9 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 23, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 16, 23
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Given the subjective nature of interviews I have no clue how it went. 😅 It quite conversational and smooth I felt. With an alum. Other than behavioral questions I was asked about DEI and professional risk. For DEI i talked about an experience that’s quite technical and how that work is necessary for fairness and equity, which seemed to interest my interviewer."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 14, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview started off with the interviewer introducing herself and background (e.g., when did she join Haas, career shift) and then she asked me questions. After my responses, she shared her opinion about that as well (e.g., I strongly agree with that, I have personal experience on this as well). Ended with "I will share the feedback with AdCom by today, and you should hear back from them soon". Spent 30 mins interviewing, and 10 mins Q&A. End before time (~42mins in total vs. 45 mins scheduled). Interview sequence: 1. Introduce yourself 2. Short-term goal 3. Why Haas and what specifically do you want from business school? 4. How do you plan to contribute your DEI at Haas? 5. Tell me the biggest risk that you took in your professional life, the outcome and the thought process that led you to this risk? 6. A time when you led a cross-functional team, and the members did not get along? What did you do? 7. Let's turn the table now. Any question you have?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 23
Interviewed on:
Mar 1, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Very conversational, we started laughing about microeconomics and the difficulty of the subject. Big emphasis on DEI, please prepare something genuine about the subject."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 5, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 27, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"A senior Haas alum from Europe interviewed me. He is also well-known in the tech sector, having worked for some reputable companies. I didn't get TMAY, short-term and long-term goals, or other typical MBA interview questions. Instead, the discussion focused primarily on how I would add to Haas with my skill set and why I chose Haas (I think that was the only expected question for me). The rest of the conversation was about my thoughts on greenwashing in manufacturing, recycling, and climate problems in general, and he was very interested in learning about the processes at my workplace."
6.8 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 30, 23
Interviewed on:
Jan 30, 23
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"The interviewer was a second-year student, who exchanged emails with me to schedule the call in advance. Questions were as follows: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA 3. Why Haas? 4. How would your foster DEI at school? 5. TMAT you requested an associate to do something out of their scope. (Follow up on this situation to get a clearer understanding of my contribution) 6. TMAT when you were proved wrong, how you felt and what you learnt 7. Anything that we didn't touch upon and you would like to add 8. Questions for the interviewer Super conversational! Very friendly. I was made comfortable at the beginning itself, she added a bit of her experience at every point which kept me going. PS- Keep your passport handy!"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 3, 22
Interviewed on:
Dec 3, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I did the Kira Assessment as the live interview slots were filled. 5 questions, 45 secs to prepare, and 3 minutes to answer each question. 1. DEI experience in the workplace or while engaging in community service. 2. Why MBA and why Haas? 3. A time when you lead a cross-functional team, what did you do, and how that made you feel? 4. Tell me about a time when you forged trust and collaboration with the people you were working with. How did it make you feel and what did you learn? 5. Anything else"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 15, 22
Interviewed on:
Nov 15, 22
"I did the pre-recorded video. 5 questions, 45 sec to prepare and 3 minutes to answer each question. 1.DEI experience in the workplace 2.Why MBA and why Haas? 3.A time that you convinced someone to do things that are outside of their scopes of work 4.A time that you started an initiative in the workplace. What went through your mind? Results? 5.Anything else? Pretty straightforward and quick process."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 4, 22
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 1, 22
"It has 3 components (approx 35 to 45 minutes): Starts with showing your ID for verification and intros (Not part of the interview process) Interview Questions General discussion (Not part of the interview process) 1. Intro (Interviewer's introduction and your introduction) 2. Why MBA, Why now, and Why Haas? 3. How would you contribute to diversity at Haas? 4. TMAT when you had to build consensus? What did you do, and what were the outcomes? 5. TMAT when you faced a challenge and how you deal with it. What were your learnings? 6. Anything else you want to share with me 7. Do you have questions for me"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 2, 22
Off Campus with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Nov 2, 22
"1. walk me through your resume - in a high level 2. why MBA and Why Haas 3. How would you contribute to diversity at Haas? Any previous experience you have related to the same 4. TMAT when the team's morale was low and what did you do 5. what is the biggest accomplishment from your work and what did you learn from it 6. TMAT when you faced ethical dilemma - if you have not faced any, we can skip this question. I will ask something else 7. if given an opportunity what would you do different in your life till now 8. Anything else you want to share with me 9. Do you have questions for me The interviewer is 2007 alumni. He had access only to my resume. 4th and 6th questions I didn't meet his expectations, so he asked me more questions from the list he had. Keep your passport handy."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 30, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 30, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had my interview with an Alumni from 2010, it was casual and conversational, he was also very supportive. 1. Why Haas, why MBA? 2. How would you contribute to DEI? 3. A professional risk and result of it? 4. A time when you have to convince different people about a course of action? 5. Anything you want to share? I think knowing the school, and knowing how you want them to remember you, are the key."
5.3 years
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 28, 22
Interviewed on:
Oct 28, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Interviewed with a second year, was conversational and the interviewer was very friendly and willing to share own experiences. Started with a brief about the procedure and how the interview will go on and then intro about self. Then the questions were as follows - - Intro - Why MBA? Why Haas? - in same question - Time you took a risk in professional setting - Time you convinced someone to do something out of their job description - Anything else you wanted to discuss about - Any Questions Went on for about 35 minutes. Good experience :)"
India