GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 01:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Poll Edit

new topic post reply Update application status  

Poll Edit

• 50% [2]
  • 50% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Poll Edit  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Apr 2019, 19:35
Poll
Edit

Originally posted by jowgen54 on 24 Apr 2019, 07:44.
Last edited by jowgen54 on 24 Apr 2019, 19:35, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Anderson '21 (A)
Re: Poll Edit  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 10:29
MIT>Berkeley.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 10:58
Wow! Congratulations on your admits and bravo on the hard work and scoring two great scholarships!

I think you can choose whatever the heck you want at this point. I would note that the cultures are somewhat difference at Haas vs. Sloan. Though both schools along with Yale are known for their social impact and awareness. I feel Haas has the edge in terms of social impact and being on the bleeding edge of the social issues. It has been there in the 60's with the hippie movement and still is far ahead of many of the much older and traditional institutions. What you looking to pursue seems to be what Bay area is often known for. I think you have proximity to many of the social impact funds, ventures looking to dip their toes in that, and generally silicon valley looking to redeem themselves and looking to give back.

Edit: It is a hard choice. If you see yourself taking a pay cut or not potentially making as much while pursuing a social impact fund/investing path/non-profit, I would definitely minimize the loans to give yourself as much of an opportunity to pursue your passions as possible. Sloan is a great school and has a very high ranking in the 2020 US News - it is a life-long investment that won't be a miss and if you are ambivilent otherwise, i can see why many folks may choose Sloan. It really depends on your personal value of $50K.

P.S. Something to be aware of - I found that there is a bit of a stigma that East coasters feel about west coast schools esp when it comes to traditional areas such as finance, corp finance, etc where wearing a t-shirt or bringing your dog to work is not per se encouraged, so if you are going to go back to East Coast after Haas, it will be a bit of an extra effort to establish your credibility as some may assume you were surfing or chilling during your MBA ;-). The whole east coast/west coast thing.... I still feel a bit odd when I visit my corp office on the east coast and see people wearing ties or suits or even dressed nicely but then of course I live in Seattle.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 11:21
jowgen54 wrote:
I am torn about which school to choose. Looking to transition into impact investing or social impact consulting post-mba. Have has more living experience on the east coast, but open to different locations after business school.

Congrats on your admits in top B-Schools with a great scholrships. It is very difficult to choose in between these schools. Check with the respective alumni on your post mbs goals. all the ebst :thumbup:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Poll Edit   [#permalink] 24 Apr 2019, 11:21

Poll Edit

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap