GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 23 Apr 2018, 22:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 10:37
Hello Everyone,
I need some advice in selecting a business school. Initially I had selected Virginia Tech's part time online MBA program because, first, I work full time and I can not get in a full time program. Second, I read some good reviews about the program, and lastly, it is instate for me. Now I am having second thoughts, I want to make sure I am making the right decision. My goal is; I want to get the most out of the time and money that I invest, so please help! Here are my questions:

. Would you recommend Virginia Tech's online MBA? If not, what will be a better option?
. Is it worth the investment?
. What is the best online MBA program?
. Usually, what is the percentage salary increase with an MBA?
. Virginia Tech's MS program does not require GMAT, to save time, I was thinking to get in to the MS program and then get a dual MBA + MIT (Master of Information Technology) what do you think?

Thank you so much

Khatera
SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 16:47
khatera wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I need some advice in selecting a business school. Initially I had selected Virginia Tech's part time online MBA program because, first, I work full time and I can not get in a full time program. Second, I read some good reviews about the program, and lastly, it is instate for me. Now I am having second thoughts, I want to make sure I am making the right decision. My goal is; I want to get the most out of the time and money that I invest, so please help! Here are my questions:

. Would you recommend Virginia Tech's online MBA? If not, what will be a better option?
. Is it worth the investment?
. What is the best online MBA program?
. Usually, what is the percentage salary increase with an MBA?
. Virginia Tech's MS program does not require GMAT, to save time, I was thinking to get in to the MS program and then get a dual MBA + MIT (Master of Information Technology) what do you think?

Thank you so much

Khatera

I would advice you to slow sown because the goals of any degree that you pursue is not clear. You should know more why you need from MBA of from MS. If the the MS will provide you career enhancement and progress so go after it. When it comes to online MBA is nice ranking:
https://poetsandquants.com/2018/02/14/t ... a-ranking/

I have not seen any report regarding the effect of online mba on salary increase.

Good luck
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 23:43
I think Online MBA's have their fair share of skeptics. If a program admits people without GMAT or without other qualifications, they may be admitting people just for the sake of admitting them and charging them money. That's been the case with a few first-to-market programs that have very lax standards for admissions or graduation.

Your comment that you cannot get into the full time program, why would you not get in?
If you can't get into the Full Time, but Online takes you, what does it say about the online program?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Re: Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2018, 23:43

Having second thoughts about Virginia Tech's Online MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap