Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Help 500 :( [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sezza - there are no "tricks' but definitely tips :)

Basically spending 2 hours 4 days a week and 4 hours on weekends got me approx 50 points per month. I went from 540 to 750 in 3-4 months.

Of course it is easier to improve from 500 to 600 than from 600 to 700 or 700 to 800, so potentially you can make 100 point leap but I would say it would be hard/very hard to get there if have already studied for 3 months and got 500.

You may need to change your study pattern - possibly study in the morning or study in a locked room/airplane/hotel room - somewhere where you are not distracted and can spend a few hours uninterrupted. You also need an error log and spend a lot of time reviewing your results.

Basically, unless you are shooting for 600, you will be wasting your money and should move the date. If not, spend time on the area you feel can be improved the easiest.

P.S. I thought you said your exam was on the 29th of June? Did you change it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Wow you're quick at responding! Thanks a lot for the help/advice - it's nice to know there are people out there who have experienced it themselves! I think I was playing around with dates for a while but it's definitely the 23rd now (10:45am in Sydney, Aus to be precise :) ) I need 500 to be accepted into this degree but I'd rather boost that a little bit so that it's not just scrapping by- even to 550! It's possible - I'll just be nose down bottom up for the next few weeks. Damn full time work!

Maybe next week I'll score a bit better - I'll let you know!

ps. do you remember everybody you've responded to!?!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
sezza61 wrote:
Wow you're quick at responding! Thanks a lot for the help/advice - it's nice to know there are people out there who have experienced it themselves! I think I was playing around with dates for a while but it's definitely the 23rd now (10:45am in Sydney, Aus to be precise :) ) I need 500 to be accepted into this degree but I'd rather boost that a little bit so that it's not just scrapping by- even to 550! It's possible - I'll just be nose down bottom up for the next few weeks. Damn full time work!

Maybe next week I'll score a bit better - I'll let you know!

550 is definitely within your range:
Spend 2 weeks on just getting basics/theory down - don't do tests really.
Then, the last 2 weeks, spend taking full 4 hour tests. Save/print out all the questions you get wrong.

This alone should boost it 50 points.

Quote:
ps. do you remember everybody you've responded to!?!

It takes a few interactions to register in my memory - I remember most of the active folks and those who stood out with their contributions.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts