Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:LBS
 Q46  V34
Send PM
Re: Help plz: Warwick vs Cass vs IE vs Imperial Tanaka [#permalink]
I would go to IE. Cass is famous for their Actuarial Science programmes but not that much for their MBA. Even though IE is very overrated, "everyone" knows about IE MBA. I think it has a better brand name.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Send PM
I am probably not qualified to make this particular comparison. What exactly would you like to do after the MBA ? See the job functions and the locations where most Cass MBAs go to and then compare that to IE MBAs and make up your own mind. Also keep in mind the location and cultural differences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you!

I would like to work in industry, although the strategy consultancy also pleases me... by what I see, Warwick in your opinion does not compete in this race... Have an opinion about their MBA? And in London, Cass is better than Imperial?

Sometimes is very difficult to choose among so many good schools... I intend to visit the schools next month in order to help in my decision.

Cheers
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Send PM
Again its difficult to compare MBA with MBA. Imperial is a very strong undergraduate name, however, its MBA has been struggling. They recently unnamed their school from Tanaka back to Imperial to use that undergraduate name. Best thing would be to read their placement reports and see what % go into mgt consulting. I think IE might be a good bet for this (although i dont know what its placement is like in the non-spanish speaking world). Cass gets good exposure to finance jobs in London but I dont know how well they do in industry and in consulting.

Cass MBA employment report is here : https://www.cass.city.ac.uk/mba/pdfs/ft/ ... 006-07.pdf
Note that they only show 2007 number which is highly suspicious.

Imperial publishes recent recruiters : https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/business-sch ... recruiters again the fact that they dont publish latest career / placement numbers sounds supicious

Warwick publishes some data from 2005-2006 here : https://www.wbs.ac.uk/students/mba/devel ... -stats.cfm

IE does a good honest job of placement reporting here : https://www.imba.ie.edu/pdf/placement_report.PDF

Just by looking at this IE seems quite good. Its placements in consulting and industry are strong.

ricborg wrote:
Thank you!

I would like to work in industry, although the strategy consultancy also pleases me... by what I see, Warwick in your opinion does not compete in this race... Have an opinion about their MBA? And in London, Cass is better than Imperial?

Sometimes is very difficult to choose among so many good schools... I intend to visit the schools next month in order to help in my decision.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the links!

I've booked a trip to visit all schools. That will help me for sure!

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IE vs Imperial Tanaka vs ESADE [#permalink]
After some decisions, my final choice comes down to three schools: IE, ESADE and Imperial College.

I clearly prefer to live in London, but IE appears very strong in the rankings. Furthermore, in London, for several reasons, I would spend half the budget than in Madrid.

That said, what do you think? The difference in ranking (IE: #7 vs. Imperial: #32) worth to pay double and live in a city that not attracts me so much?

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ricborg, what did u decide. I have acceptance from Cass. What did u find out about Cass?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
defleopard22 wrote:
ricborg, what did u decide. I have acceptance from Cass. What did u find out about Cass?

Hello,

Though IE and ESADE are best ranked, London attracts me much more than Spain, so I chose Imperial College. I think that Imperial has been rising gradually and may be among the best in a few years. As far as I know, Imperial already has many teachers who also teach at LBS and Judge. Also the strong brand "Imperial College" (considered one of the best universities in the world) can help in that purpose - like Said and Judge, that won prestigious under Oxford and Cambridge brands.

About Cass I think that is a great school and particularly strong in finance. Between the two I chose Imperial because I have more interest in entrepreneurship than finance. Anyway, I think you have been admitted to an excellent school. The choice depends upon the other any offers that you have...

cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I'm wondering why you didn't include Cranfield in your list? it's one of the top notch business schools in UK and has a fantastic program in entrepreneurship & general management. Moreover, it's just 30min from London and has strong connections with big fancy firms (rolls-royce for instance).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
warrak2000 wrote:
I'm wondering why you didn't include Cranfield in your list? it's one of the top notch business schools in UK and has a fantastic program in entrepreneurship & general management. Moreover, it's just 30min from London and has strong connections with big fancy firms (rolls-royce for instance).

Hello,

Initially I included Cranfield on my list. Then, and after some research, I found out that the average age is slightly higher in Cranfield (32), as well as average years' work experience (9). Therefore, I gave up to apply for Cranfield. But of course Cranfield is a great b-school. No doubt about that...

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 05-09-2014
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
All - I have 13 years of work-experience in medical devices/ pharmaceutical sales and in Sep 2014, I would be joining MBA. Further, I am very much in Ric's shoes so please do suggest me what's good for me.

Ric - After reading your post, I would surely like to now know, which school did you opt for and what all you got and missed after completing your MBA?

Please do add your arguments with suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot