GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Mar 2019, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Help to decide between Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Help to decide between Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 08:19
Hi All,

I wanted help in deciding between the two courses Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online.

I have been away from books for a while and wanted a structured approach to go over all the basics.
My job requires me to travel so the online on-demand course go well my schedule
My timeline would be 4-5 month prep and this would be the first thing I do to get my basics straight before I jump into the Manhattan books

Appreciate any experience / advice regarding any of the two courses
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE: General Management (Other)
Re: Help to decide between Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 08:42
Depends on your weak areas in GMAT.
E-gmat is well known for its verbal course and will definitely help, if you need more help in the verbal section.

Hit the the kudos button if you like the post

Verbal Question Banks:-
1.Collection of ALL 775 Verbal GMATPREP Questions 2.Aristotle RC-99 The Definitive RC Guide 3.Aristotle SC Grail 4.Vocabulary List 5.Kaplan 800 Advance Studies

MBA Resources:-
1.Top 25 US MBA Application Fees 2018-2019 2.Top 20 US MBA Tuition Fees 2018-2019

Thanks

Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 09:34
Sph07 wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted help in deciding between the two courses Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online.

I have been away from books for a while and wanted a structured approach to go over all the basics.
My timeline would be 4-5 month prep and this would be the first thing I do to get my basics straight before I jump into the Manhattan books

If you install veritasprep app they will provide you their free gmat videos. you check and decide yourself.
For eGMAT you can try free trail version.
egmat will provide you very basics in quant not sure about veritas prep
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 09:45
GmatWizard wrote:
Depends on your weak areas in GMAT.
E-gmat is well known for its verbal course and will definitely help, if you need more help in the verbal section.

Aiming to get a basic refresher for both quant & verbal.
So if E-GMAT strength is verbal basics, is there any other online prep that is good at quant basics?
Is Veritas on-demand average in both areas?
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 11:39
Sph07 wrote:
Hi All,

Make use of the free trials offered so that you can get a much better idea of the quality. E-gmat is great for verbal but the quant section is not of the same level. Therefore, my personal recommendation would be to follow TTP for quants and Magoosh or E-gmat for verbal.

Best wishes!:)
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 14:01
Hi Sph07,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you done any studying for the GMAT yet or are you just starting out?
2) Have you taken any practice CAT Tests/mocks yet? How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) What is your goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
5) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
D

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 20:52
Sph07 wrote:
Hi All,

Hey Sph07,

If I may say so myself, we do a great job on both Quant and Verbal. But you don't have to take my word for it. Here is the link to our free resources for you to try out:
https://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-resources/
We have a practice test, question bank, video solutions and an online GMAT class for you to try. You can gauge the effectiveness of our teaching methodologies yourself.

The GMAT On-Demand package also offers add-ons such as 3 hr private tutoring and admission consulting.

Have you taken GMAT before? If yes, what was your score? Also, what is your target score? I understand you have been off books for a while so you will need to put in some time into getting back - interactive videos are the best format to do that effortlessly.

Let us know if you have any questions regarding the on-demand package.

Karishma
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor

Learn more about how Veritas Prep can help you achieve a great GMAT score by checking out their GMAT Prep Options >

e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 22:22
Hi Sph07,

It is fine if you have been away from studies for a while now. GMAT is not all about grammar rules and quant tricks. It is about developing few core skills and following a logical approach. This is what we emphasize in the e-GMAT way of learning.

Like you, most working professionals face the challenge of balancing work and study. We have students who have leveraged the course architecture to ace the test, balancing a demanding job all the while. You can learn how Anupriya used a methodical and structured course to secure a 760 on GMAT or Leonardo planned strategically to achieve a 750 despite having 60 hours work week. The course helped Mayank to ace the GMAT with a 730 even after he lost touch with studies.

Online courses are indeed best suited for working professionals. The reviews on GMAT Club testify to the success of Online courses.

Experience the e-GMAT Free Trial to evaluate the course for yourself

You can sign up for the free trial to get access to 25+ videos and 38+ practice questions. This will help you evaluate the course and decide for yourself if it suits your learning style. I am sharing direct links to a couple of lessons for your convenience, you can get the rest on signing up.

Since you have 4-5 months for prep you will be able to complete the course comfortably. To get a precise estimate of effort and a clear path to reach your target score you can use the Personalized Study Planner tool. This tool will help you:
    1. Determine the milestones to achieve your target score
    2. Identify where to spend time
    3. Estimation of the amount of effort required and a tentative GMAT date

This article will help you get a detailed understanding of how to create an effective plan.

If you need further help with your preparation feel free to reach out to us at acethegmat@e-gmat.com.

Regards,
Zinnia

Register for free live sessions
Sentence Correction: Get 4 free video lessons, 50 practice questions | Critical Reasoning workshop: Get 4 free video lessons, 40 practice questions
Reading Comprehension: Get 2 free video lessons and 2 free eBooks | Free Strategy Session: Key strategy to score 760

Success Stories
V27 to V42 | V28 to V48 | V25 to V38 | More Success Stories

Ace GMAT
GMAT Strategies Megathread | Ability Quizzes | Tips from V40+ scorers | Guide to getting into HBS

Must Read Articles
Sentence Correction: Foundations: GMAT Grammar | Parallelism markers | Imperfect parallelism | Parallelism: Grammar vs Logic |
Noun Modifiers (1) | Noun Modifiers (2) | Verb-ing Modifiers (1) | Verb-ing Modifiers (2) | Verb-ed Modifiers | Verb-ing vs Verb-ed Modifiers
Critical Reasoning: Prethinking Assumptions | Prethinking Quantitative arguments | Negation techniques | Inference vs Assumption | Boldface questions
Reading Comprehension: Paragraph summary | Main Point practice questions

Important Verbal Techniques
Timing Strategies | Reading long sentences | How the GMAT distorts meaning | Pitfalls to avoid

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Help to decide between Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online   [#permalink] 11 Mar 2019, 22:22

Help to decide between Veritas Prep OnDemand vs e-GMAT Online

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap