It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 00:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Help with GMAT study plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Help with GMAT study plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 09:29
Hi guys I really need help with suggestions on how to structure my studies for GMAT.

I have my GMAT test in 5 weeks and need to get a minimum score of 550. I took a gmat mock test yesterday and score 480 with Q36 and V20. I know that verbal score sucks but the problem I have is to stay focused on the verbal part after finished the quantitative part so I started to make silly mistakes just because I wasn´t focused enough. The verbal part is for sure my weakest part since english is my second language. SC is my weakest part and CR my strongest in the verbal section.

Do you have any suggestions what I should do to stay focused during the verbal part?

Thanks in Advance

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

D

Kudos [?]: 486 [0], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Help with GMAT study plan [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2017, 10:37
If you think you loose focus because you have to do verbal after Quant then change the order. Take verbal before Quant and away&IR.
Apart from the you can improve in SC by going through the official question and writing down the learnings and revise those learnings everyday.
Also keep a strategy in SC. The best strategy I believe is to first try to get the meaning of the given sentence and then do the POE rather than trying to find the correct choice. The tricky part is that higher difficulty level questions have weird looking right answer choices. But then do not eliminate any answer choice until you're very sure. Mostly you would come down to two answer choices and be confused which one to pick. Just pick the one that is better than the other one. Correct sentence should always EXPRESS THE RIGHT MEANING WITH LESS WORDS AND RIGHT GRAMMER.

Official SCs are best. Do not let go of a question until you have learnt all from it.

All the best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 486 [0], given: 113

Re: Help with GMAT study plan   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2017, 10:37

Help with GMAT study plan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap