GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 23:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

help with SC

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Verbal   

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
help with SC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 02:43
Hi guys!
I'm quite ok with CR and RC
however still struggling with SC : mainly idioms (there are always never seen idioms) and very specific grammar rules (not the general easy ones such as subject-verb agreement)
so far I've been preparing by using EMPOWERgmat
Any suggestion?
Any study group?
VP
VP
P
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Re: help with SC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 05:19
mamu10 wrote:
Hi guys!
however still struggling with SC : mainly idioms (there are always never seen idioms) and very specific grammar rules (not the general easy ones such as subject-verb agreement)
Any suggestion?
Any study group?

Hi mamu10, it is worth noting that GMAC (the organization that conducts GMAT) explicitly stated few years back that questions that test students on Idiomatic usage alone, will be discontinued.

Hence, idiom will never be a make or break in any question. So, if an option has an incorrect idiomatic usage, there will also be something else wrong with that option. You can use that something else to eliminate that option, even if you are not confident about the correct idiom.

Having said that, our book EducationAisle Sentence Correction Nirvana discusses most frequently tested idioms, their application and examples. If you or someone is interested, PM me your email-id; I can mail the corresponding section.

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
help with SC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2019, 01:00
mamu10 wrote:
Hi guys!
Any suggestion?
Any study group?

Hi mamu10 , please refer https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 33952.html

in the above post there a link where u can download the ebook which is very good at basics of all grammar ..just look into it ....book will help improving especially SC and let me know if that doesn't help.

Regarding Idiom experts used to suggest Magoosh Tuesday's idioms just try it also
help with SC   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2019, 01:00

help with SC

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap