GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 06:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How can I not report cancelled scores?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
How can I not report cancelled scores?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 21:52
The score report I received from GMAC includes the cancelled score information. Since we typically upload the test taker's copy, which we receive from GMAC in our email, as part of the application, the schools eventually get to know that I canceled the score thereby not serving any benefit though GMAC officially allows you to cancel your scores and not let the schools know of it.

How do I avoid this situation and report the scores except the cancelled the scores since I am not benefiting from the policy update of GMAC regarding non report of cancelled scores?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: How can I not report cancelled scores?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 10:53
sidceg wrote:
The score report I received from GMAC includes the cancelled score information. Since we typically upload the test taker's copy, which we receive from GMAC in our email, as part of the application, the schools eventually get to know that I canceled the score thereby not serving any benefit though GMAC officially allows you to cancel your scores and not let the schools know of it.

How do I avoid this situation and report the scores except the cancelled the scores since I am not benefiting from the policy update of GMAC regarding non report of cancelled scores?

Hey sidceg,

The test takers report is for your reference only. It is not the report that is sent out to the B-schools. GMAC sends the report to the schools directly. The B-schools would be getting only the scores that you have chosen to share with them.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 17:30
I don't believe you need to send this, the school will receive the scores from GMAC. Also, once admit you can provide the official GMAT scores which should not include the cancelled scores

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 22:38
Apphelp wrote:
Hey sidceg,

The test takers report is for your reference only. It is not the report that is sent out to the B-schools. GMAC sends the report to the schools directly. The B-schools would be getting only the scores that you have chosen to share with them.

Hi Apphelp

Thank you for responding. I am aware that the test taker's report is only for the my reference. However, every application has the unofficial upload section for processing the application and, since the only version that is available with me is the test taker's copy, I have to upload that version which has all the list of scores including the cancelled ones. I was even asked in one of my interviews why the cancelled scores. The version also the list of schools I have requested the score which puts me in an awkward situation.

How do I avoid this situation?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 01:46
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I don't believe you need to send this, the school will receive the scores from GMAC. Also, once admit you can provide the official GMAT scores which should not include the cancelled scores

Hi VeritasPrepDozie

This is where I get little confused. Are you saying that I don't have to upload anything while applying but submit the official score from GMAC? Because, as far as I remember, every application had the mandatory asterisk symbol next to score upload and many schools only require official scores after an admit is offered.
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 05:52
Your official score report is sent directly from GMAC to the schools of your choice. This report is not supposed to include your cancelled scores.
In your online application, you are asked to report your GMAT scores (simply write the score of each section; You don't have to upload the unofficial score report you received from GMAC). You should obviously report only the scores you kept, and not the ones you cancelled.

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 02:32
Aringo wrote:
Your official score report is sent directly from GMAC to the schools of your choice. This report is not supposed to include your cancelled scores.
In your online application, you are asked to report your GMAT scores (simply write the score of each section; You don't have to upload the unofficial score report you received from GMAC). You should obviously report only the scores you kept, and not the ones you cancelled.

Thank you fr the inputs Aringo.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2017, 13:47
Actually I understand your proble. you are saying that you are forced to upload a report for the sake of completing your application, but this then means that the college will get to know your history of cancelled scores. I too have the same problem with ISB application now.

Anyone can help us out here?
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
How can I not report cancelled scores?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 27 Aug 2018, 09:33
Top Contributor
Basically, you have two options if your school asks for the test-taker score report, but you don't want the school to see that you have cancelled GMAT scores within the last 5 years:

1) Print the student score report out yourself and remove the cancelled scores by hand/with digital editing software (ethically questionable).

2) Refuse to send a student score report (send only the school score report, which does not indicate cancellations).

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal if your school sees a cancelled score or two, so long as you eventually earn a solid GMAT score. It shows persistence!

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 28 Jan 2018, 20:42.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 27 Aug 2018, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.84
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 08:37
Does anyone have a concrete answer to this query yet? I really don't want them to see the unofficial score report as i have cancelled 3 times before. Can i instead upload the scanned copy of the score report you receive on test day ( that doesn't include AWA scores)?

Posted from my mobile device
Re: How can I not report cancelled scores? &nbs [#permalink] 27 Aug 2018, 08:37

How can I not report cancelled scores?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap