GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 05:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 05:16
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my first GMAT and it wasn't great... 680 Q46 V38 ; what really surprised me was the very low score on the verbal, on all the simulation test I did I never took less than 40 (more often 44/45). I am wondering if I might not have answered in time the last question , both in the QUANT and VERBAL; I chose an option but in both cases I ran out of time before clicking "next" and confirming the answer....
Did someone have a similar experience? How can I find out ? I am looking at the ESR on mba.com but it doesn't report if you answered all the questions or not!!!
Many thanks to all

Teo
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 07:56
teone83 wrote:
Hi all,

Yesterday I took my first GMAT and it wasn't great... 680 Q46 V38 ; what really surprised me was the very low score on the verbal, on all the simulation test I did I never took less than 40 (more often 44/45). I am wondering if I might not have answered in time the last question , both in the QUANT and VERBAL; I chose an option but in both cases I ran out of time before clicking "next" and confirming the answer....
Did someone have a similar experience? How can I find out ? I am looking at the ESR on mba.com but it doesn't report if you answered all the questions or not!!!
Many thanks to all

Teo
V38 is not a low score (it's 85%). If you don't confirm your answer, it won't be counted. The GMAT will think that that question was not attempted.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Retired Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 08:26
teone83 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks to all

Teo

as far as I know, GMAT penalizes a test taker if he/she does not attempt all questions, and in the last question if someone choose an option(out of the 5 ans choices) but unable to submit withing the time, there is no penalty and no points.

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 08:47
saswata4s wrote:
as far as I know, GMAT penalizes a test taker if he/she does not attempt all questions, and in the last question if someone choose an option(out of the 5 ans choices) but unable to submit withing the time, there is no penalty and no points.
The penalty is applied. Not confirming is exactly the same as not attempting a question.

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD Jan'18
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2018, 10:30
First of all thanks for your answers!
To investigate in detail this matter I have decided to order an ERS from GMAT; In the ERS (enhanced report score ) it states that I have answered all of the questions both in QUANT and VERB, even though I can guarantee you I didn't confirm the last answer in both cases....may be I didn't get any penalty but the answer was not taken in account?
The ERS says: " you have completed 41 of the 41 questions in the verbal section". I guess that for completed it means I answered them?
Anyone else can share his/her own experience?
I
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 13:09
In GMATprep, the system accepts the answer that was not submitted.

See here verbal #11:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-so ... l#p1171779

teone83

Could you post your ESR here?

There are shortcuts for "next" and "confirm". You might find this post helpful as using shortcuts can save a lot of time during the test:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/time-saving- ... 22198.html

Non progredi est regredi

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question? &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2018, 13:09

How do I know if the GMAT took in account my last question?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap