GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 21:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How is Singapore as an option to pursue MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
How is Singapore as an option to pursue MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 14:09
Hi,
I'm an Indian student and have very little idea about MBA degree from Singapore.
Can someone guide me regarding the important B schools,fees, and other important aspects?

Posted from my mobile device

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...
SVP
SVP
D
Re: How is Singapore as an option to pursue MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 23:21
yogi02 wrote:
Hi,
I'm an Indian student and have very little idea about MBA degree from Singapore.
Can someone guide me regarding the important B schools,fees, and other important aspects?

To begin with, check out these programs:
1. NUS MBA
2. NTU MBA
3. SMU MBA

A lot of the info you need with be avaialble on their websites. Once you have some basic info, you will be able to ask more targeted questions.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2019, 23:44
It's a pleasant destination with possibility of work visa and good quality of life.

The closeness to India offers an added advantage of reaching home in less than 8 hours.

The downside is very high cost of living and lack of technical industries. So if you focus on PM roles post MBA, they will be difficult to get.

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 02:07
ArtVandaley wrote:
It's a pleasant destination with possibility of work visa and good quality of life.

The closeness to India offers an added advantage of reaching home in less than 8 hours.

The downside is very high cost of living and lack of technical industries. So if you focus on PM roles post MBA, they will be difficult to get.

Taking @ArtVandaley's point further, if you check the placements of NUS MBA (Singapore's top MBA program), you will see 96% of its graduates received job offered within the 3 months of graduation, which is a decent placement rate. You should also note that 94% of the recruitment happened through campus recruitment or through the job fairs conducted by the school; This also means school's career services team does a fascinating job in bringing recruiters in the school. If we dig further into the career report, you will find 73% of the placements were in just 3 industries - Finance, Consulting, and Technology - so, if your goal is to get into sectors other than these, it could be difficult and you will have to work really hard to get offers from your desired companies.

Similarly, you should also analyze the placement reports of other top Singaporean MBA programs such as NTU or SMU to find out whether these schools are a right fit for your post MBA goals.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 05:31
yogi02 at the more competitive end, INSEAD is the top ranked program to attend in Singapore
MBADecoder wrote:
yogi02 wrote:
Hi,

To begin with, check out these programs:
1. NUS MBA
2. NTU MBA
3. SMU MBA

A lot of the info you need with be avaialble on their websites. Once you have some basic info, you will be able to ask more targeted questions.

V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2019, 05:46
yogi02 wrote:
Hi,

yogi02

Following are the school's GMATClub forum links if you want to check more on application details, profile evaluations or connect with fellow applicants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/
https://gmatclub.com/forum/nus-209/
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ntu-mba-230/
https://gmatclub.com/forum/smu-singapore-267/
Re: How is Singapore as an option to pursue MBA   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2019, 05:46

How is Singapore as an option to pursue MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Chethan92