GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
P
How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 11:27
Hey! How long does it take to go through the target test prep course? I read the reviews and I'm thinking of subscribing to it. But I have about 2 months to take the exam. Is is advisable to purchase the course right now? My basics are clear but I fear of missing out on some of the stuff. Should I keep practicing questions or should I learn the concepts? Really confused!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.31
WE: Other (Military & Defense)
Re: How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 12:43
Hey dude...

I used TTP for approximately 2 months and was able to bump my quant score from a Q31 to a Q45. I highly reccomend the course. I completely approximately 80% of the program and did about 1,800 practice problems.

Additionally, make sure you start with the easy quizzes and work your way up to the hard quizzes. The hard quizzes are much more difficult than what you'll see on the actual GMAT (or at least in comparison to the OG guides), so don't become too frustrated with them.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2018, 21:37
Prateekj05 wrote:
Hey! How long does it take to go through the target test prep course? I read the reviews and I'm thinking of subscribing to it. But I have about 2 months to take the exam. Is is advisable to purchase the course right now? My basics are clear but I fear of missing out on some of the stuff. Should I keep practicing questions or should I learn the concepts? Really confused!
You could reach out to TTP's representatives directly, though I doubt even they will have one number for this, or for you as an individual. As for whether you should spend time on concepts, that should be an easy question to answer. Do you feel that you get some questions incorrect or take too long to solve some questions solely because you were not aware of the concept(s) being tested?
V
Concentration: International Business, Operations
Schools: INSEAD Jan '19
GPA: 3.01
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2018, 09:39
Prateekj05 wrote:

TTP is the best course for Quant across all the courses, but 2 months will not be sufficient to complete the course.This course has a facility by which you can reduce the modules according to your target Quant score. The lesser the target score, the lesser the modules and tests that need to be finished. For Q47 to 51, you need to complete the whole course.
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 02:47
Hi, Prateekj05

I could give you more useful advice if I know your test score.
Just as information,

<To hit the score Q49,50>
Test results may vary depending on your current math skills and the number of hours you have available to study per day. But assuming that you study 2-3 hours per day (on average)
☞ Students with a score of 45-49 ==> 1-3 month
☞​ Students with a score of 35-44 ==> 2-3 months.
☞​ Students with a score of less than 34 ==> 2-5 months.

If your target score is Q49-Q50, it is really important to have solid skills to solve DS and PS. The ways teaching these skills are different by companies and you should choose one that takes your fancy. Considering that Math Revolution is specialized in quant (a lot of students hit the score Q49, 50 and instructors who got the score Q51) I also recommend you to search for ‘Variable approach’ for DS and ‘IVY approach’ for PS, which let students have 10 minutes to spare on the real test.

Just a few tips, ‘improve scores from Q25-34 to Q45-49’ , ‘improve scores from Q35-44 to Q49-51’ ‘improve scores from Q45-49 to Q50-51’: refer to this https://www.mathrevolution.com/board/li ... thGuidance

Please let us know if you have further questions.
You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach,
Good luck!
"Free Resources-30 day online access & Diagnostic Test"
"Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself"
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 13:11
Hi Prateekj05,

You ask a REALLY good question. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to answer. There are a myriad of variables that affect how long a student will need, including how much she already knows about the GMAT, how good she is at learning new material, how strong her memory is, how many hours a day she’s willing or able to study, whether she’s eating right and exercising, whether she’s getting enough quality sleep each night, how tired she is while studying, her level of daily stress, and a number of other factors.

So, the best thing to do is to go hard –- as hard as you can for a month -– and see how much you complete. For example, let’s say that after a month, you complete (AND BUILD MASTERY OF) four chapters. You could then estimate that the course will take you about five months to complete. Of course, this is just an estimate, but at least it’s a PERSONALIZED estimate. As you can see, Blackhawks32 was able to increase his quant score by 14 points in 2 months. However, other students may need more like 3+ months to achieve such a score increase.

Remember, the TTP Course is competency-based, not time-based. In other words, the course provides you with everything (literally) that you’ll need to earn whatever GMAT quant score you’d like. The sky is the limit. You just need to follow the study plan, which will guide you through the process.

I’m happy to provide some more personalized advice regarding how you can best utilize the TTP course, so please reach out to me directly, and we can set up some time to chat further.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2018, 13:11

How long does it take to complete Target test prep quant course?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep