Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, GM, Energy, Technology
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: How to Attact More Members to the International MBA Forum? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bsd_lover wrote:
Thanks for this bb. I intend to take it one step further. I intend to have master post for each school - which gives a brief intro to the school. This master page will contain links to individual year threads. We do have some master pages and threads for individual schools here :
europe-mba-discussion-19171.html

But these master pages are rather outdated (refer to 2003 stats and rankings) and were created when Hjort was still active. We need to update this. Step by step I suppose :)

Great Idea! That way the old info is preserved as well. Both myself and Timetrader, our resident content expert, would be able to help out a few hours a day (which should be plenty for our modest plans), but we will need you to lead/provide direction. Unless of course there are better ideas or reasons not to do this?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
No dramas :) I'll update the LBS master page soon. Hopefully we can get some of the active oxbridge folks (you there buffdaddy and greenoak ?) to update master pages for there. Also suggest Nerdboy to tackle the INSEAD masterpage. If only we had an IMD evangelist.

bb wrote:
Great Idea! That way the old info is preserved as well. Both myself and Timetrader, our resident content expert, would be able to help out a few hours a day (which should be plenty for our modest plans), but we will need you to lead/provide direction. Unless of course there are better ideas or reasons not to do this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, GM, Energy, Technology
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
Send PM
Re: How to Attract More Members to the International MBA Forum? [#permalink]
I think IMD folks are a little too busy for GC.... seriously.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Or there are hardly any around haha.

xenok wrote:
I think IMD folks are a little too busy for GC.... seriously.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools:INSEAD Dec'10
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Kudos
bsd_lover wrote:
No dramas :) I'll update the LBS master page soon. Hopefully we can get some of the active oxbridge folks (you there buffdaddy and greenoak ?) to update master pages for there. Also suggest Nerdboy to tackle the INSEAD masterpage.

OK, no prob. How does this work - I post it as a new topic and then someone sets it to 'sticky'?

On a side note, I did research IMD, but I'd rather let someone else handle that masterpage. Like, someone who has at least managed to get an interview invite ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
 Q48  V47
Send PM
My thoughts on xenok's ideas: in general, creating too many subforums is not a great solution. A subforum should be something intuitive and helpful, i.e. it's natural to post quant questions in the math forum and interview advice in the B-School Application forum. It is a bit contrived, IMO, to remember to post a thread about an Asian school in one forum and about a European one in another forum. And what about INSEAD - is it a European school or an Asian one?

Cross-posting in several forums is a better alternative, also I like the idea of GC10.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi nerdboy thanks for offering (I was hoping you would :) ).

The structure will look like :

Master thread --> School Home thread -->Other useful school specific threads.

I have created the master thread here : ranks-and-clusterings-of-various-international-b-schools-78320.html#p589230

The master thread will become an announcement / sticky soon. Currently I have linked to Hjort's school pages on the master thread . For insead, the school home thread is here : insead-13421.html. But this thread is very outdated. Also this information doesn't contain links to other useful threads (such as the 2010 applicants thread). So, the approach would be to create a new school home thread with links to useful threads. This is where I was hoping you and other INSEAD folks come in to contribute. So, basically just create a new topic specific to INSEAD and let me know and I'll update the master thread accordingly. I will create a similar one for LBS.

Nerdboy wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
No dramas :) I'll update the LBS master page soon. Hopefully we can get some of the active oxbridge folks (you there buffdaddy and greenoak ?) to update master pages for there. Also suggest Nerdboy to tackle the INSEAD masterpage.

OK, no prob. How does this work - I post it as a new topic and then someone sets it to 'sticky'?

On a side note, I did research IMD, but I'd rather let someone else handle that masterpage. Like, someone who has at least managed to get an interview invite ;)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Love the structure:

Code:
Master (Sticky) thread --> School Home thread -->Other useful school specific threads.

A small suggestion - as an applicant I would probably prefer for the School Home thread to be the current year active thread such as Insead 2010 rather than a short info thread. Most traffic will be to the Insead 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. Then Hjort's thread could be a link from the Insead 2010 First post.

Just my 1 US cent (about 0.005 pesos at the moment).

P.S. Though I may be too americanized now and this is not a structure a European/Australian would like :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Sure that would work as well. In this case the structure would look like :

Master thread --> School current year thread --> home thread --> Other useful school specific threads.

bb wrote:
Love the structure:

Code:
Master (Sticky) thread --> School Home thread -->Other useful school specific threads.

A small suggestion - as an applicant I would probably prefer for the School Home thread to be the current year active thread such as Insead 2010 rather than a short info thread. Most traffic will be to the Insead 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. Then Hjort's thread could be a link from the Insead 2010 First post.

Just my 1 US cent (about 0.005 pesos at the moment).

P.S. Though I may be too americanized now and this is not a structure a European/Australian would like :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
buffdaddy wrote:

Beautiful post.

BSD - I made a little edit of your post rankings post. Not sure if you like it, but I tried to include the best of both worlds.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bb it looks real great. I'll try to emulate that for LBS. Although buffdaddy has raised the bar sooo high that that page alone will increase the Oxford applications by 10% in 2010.

bb wrote:
buffdaddy wrote:

Beautiful post.

BSD - I made a little edit of your post rankings post. Not sure if you like it, but I tried to include the best of both worlds.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Schools:LBS
 Q47  V38
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
bb it looks real great. I'll try to emulate that for LBS. Although buffdaddy has raised the bar sooo high that that page alone will increase the Oxford applications by 10% in 2010.

bb wrote:

funny you should say that because just as I was going through buffdaddy's Oxford page, I was wondering why I didn't apply to some program at Oxford. bsd_lover, Oxford looks a lot lot lot better than LBS... you have to come up with something (pictures etc) to make some of us feel better :wink:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
MJ2009 wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:

funny you should say that because just as I was going through buffdaddy's Oxford page, I was wondering why I didn't apply to some program at Oxford. bsd_lover, Oxford looks a lot lot lot better than LBS... you have to come up with something (pictures etc) to make some of us feel better :wink:

I say the easiest thing is to delete the tread and ban buffdady - otherwise too much work :)
Joking of course.

Buffdaddy - fantastic Job!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Kudos
Yep, banning buffdady is the easy way. The other way involves me digging for pictures of Fontainebleau/ Singapore and spending hours of writing and editing... the horror ;)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
thanks guys,
really wasn't too much of an effort. Did it while having breakfast on a lazy Saturday morning before I headed out of town.

It reads kind of like a brain dump :oops: and is a long way from being a polished marketing ploy :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Why don't we create an Ambassadors Forum and move the Oxford thread over there?

I am planning to put up something similar for Cranfield and BSD could put up something for LBS.

I think we have some Judge admits too.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4