Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:00 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [57]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30776 [5]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
General Discussion
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32863 [1]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Re: How to Efficiently Solve RC a Video Lecture by e-GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
I saw it. Ok This is my opinion.

PRO
This video has all you need, really, to ttackle RC passages on the Gmat. Well explained, with a logic consequence of the process that you could do throughtout the passage.
After months of study, I 'm arrived on the same things that the video says well.

CONS.

Maybe a bit the pronunciation (of course the speaker (her) is not native). But after several videos by Ron Purewal with his super super intricate language :D this is so easy to understand.

really helpful :)

Originally posted by carcass on 12 Nov 2012, 13:21.
Last edited by carcass on 13 Nov 2012, 02:00, edited 2 times in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Just added a link to the exercises for AFTER the video: practice-questions-for-how-to-solve-rc-efficiently-142310.html
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618586 [1]
Given Kudos: 81563
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

Best questions & answers from comments

T-Bone Raiser wrote:
Hi Rajat/Shradha,

I have a more generic question about RC. Although I scored well on RCs in practice tests, on the actual test I observed a fatigue by the time I reached the verbal section due to which I could hardly focus on the RCs and some CRs as well.

Is there anything that you could suggest me ?
e-GMAT wrote:
Hi there,
First of all thanks for watching the video. We hope it was helpful.
Secondly, I’m sure a lot of GMAT takers can relate to your issue. GMAT indeed is long test and it does get you tired. However, you can overcome this problem by building muscle. And how can you do that? Take a lot of mock tests. These practice tests get you in the habit of taking the full-length tests, helping you to increase your stamina. Another approach you can take is to take just full length verbal tests using Grockit.
The second thing you need to do is to internalize standard approach to solve different sections. For example, at e-gmat, we focus “Pre-think” approach for CR. Similarly, we have a very scientific “Meaning-based” approach for SC. In the video, you saw the “Key Reading strategies” to comprehend passages better.
Internalizing standard approaches helps you attempt questions in a systematic manner so that you don’t go back and forth in the question stem to get to the correct answer. This reduces mental friction and hence lessens fatigue.
Also when you internalize standard approaches for various sections, you know how to begin analyzing questions as the method comes very naturally to you and you can solve questions faster, even when you are fatigued. So try to develop standard approaches for various kinds of questions.
Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.

Diptarka Moitra wrote:
does having a solid base of sentence correction and critical reasoning helps in solving RC questions?
e-GMAT wrote:
Hi Diptarka,
Let me begin by thanking you for watching our video.
The answer to your question is “Yes”. A solid based for Sentence Correction does help improve your comprehension ability. In fact we recommend doing SC before starting RC. Here’s why. RC passages often include long sentences. Knowledge of sentence structure helps you comprehend such long sentences and relate them to information that preceded the sentence.
Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.

For more check: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Dear egmat

Could you please help elaborate more on the Open Ended type of Detail questions?

Thank you very much
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 848 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13957 posts