Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 07:30 It is currently 03 May 2024, 07:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 486 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 390 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Schools: HEC CBS '23 EDHEC
GPA: 2.95
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22127 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: How to improve my Gmat Score to 550or more [#permalink]
Expert Reply
HI, ibctrade,

I agree that TTP would be a great option for you. If you decide to check out the course and have any questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1307 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
How to improve my Gmat Score to 550or more [#permalink]
One thing that may help your Sentence Correction is an idiom list relevant to the GMAT. Memorizing commonly tested idioms can help make your solving more efficient, too.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ibctrade,

I'm sorry to hear that your Official GMAT did not turn out better. Since the end of June is only 6 away, you will have to hone some specific skills to hit your Score Goal in that timeframe. The good news is that to earn a 550, you do NOT need to correctly answer any questions that you think are too hard or too weird. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
ibctrade wrote:
Hi, Gmat clubber,
I just get a 430 in the online exam,
Q39 and V12,
how should I improve my both skills to get at least 550 before 30 June?

I normally get Q43+ in the mock test but this time I also failed in Q,
does someone have something to suggest to me?
Thankssss

Hi ibctrade,

To score at least 550, you need to be conceptually clear with all the topics. Go through the concepts of each topic in detail. Leave no stone unturned when it comes to the concepts. Deal with one topic at a time and move to the next topic only if you are 100% confident with the current topic.

Having said that, which resources are you using right now? And how many hours can you dedicate for studies in a day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
actually, I studied in E-GMAT platform, and I finished the video about Verbal and Quant,
I also studied the manhattan book of RC CR, SC, and one time of OG Gmat 2020,
but I still get that bad score in the last attempt.
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16635 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello ibctrade,

GMAT club is one of the great platforms to get information about the GMAT official test, Study plan, Section wise instructions, and many more.

You are recommended to visit various posts and utilize this forum in the best efficient way.

A score of 430 is a bit shaky but you can achieve your target score of 550.

You can schedule a Comprehensive counseling(https://calendly.com/mathrevolution/1-on-1-session) session for 30 mins with one of our experts to have detailed advice on your current study plans.

We would like to recommend specific vital points which will be helpful. The score tells that neither the Math nor the Verbal is above average. Hence, both sections have to be taken care of simultaneously. To improve, you will require consistent learning and practice. Also, keep motivation high to learn.

A couple of things that can be a noticeable barrier to your scores would be some or all of the below.

• Lack of basic math skills
• Not detailed knowledge of GMAT Math pattern and Question types
• Inefficiency by using time-consuming Conventional method to tackle DS and PS questions still
• No expert support (maybe) who can tutor, analyze, and guide you during your learning
• Lack of many updated questions and practice in the recent exam trend
• Not well aligned with time to solve questions.

Since we are a math expert, we will recommend you go through our post on the GMAT club, which gives a complete Breakdown of GMAT math questions and types: https://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of- ... l#p1641411

Also, make a note of various possible combinations to achieve your target score. The possible scores will help you track your performance after taking the mock or practice test. It will also help you maintain balance in both the sections, and you will always be in a great position to allot the study hours to a specific area accordingly.

After visiting the post, now is the time to start with the basics. To strengthen the basic concept on various topics like arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and word problems, you may refer to many free materials available in GMAT Club. Our website also helps strengthen the necessary skills of math”.

Solve as many questions as you can relate to different topics, and it is recommended that you try to connect with many proven experts. You can visit Math Revolution and get access to our 7-day full on-demand course (27 topics, 490 subtopics, and 1,500 questions) for free trial lessons and free videos.

While concept learning, try solving 600 level questions by topic and be habitual of creating the error log. Prepare the list of all the doubts you face during solving and practicing questions. This practice will help you assess the topics in which you need more time to prepare. After solving as many questions as possible, take the 1st mock test and assess your performance. You may try our free diagnostic test once. Let some experts evaluate it to make you understand it better.

To prepare for Verbal, you can access many study materials from Crack Verbal, e-GMAT, and other test-prep experts. You may also refer to Aristotle Grail for sentence correction and GMAT power bank for CR question types. There are also many free materials available in GMAT Club.

Regular tests will reflect the positive change in the score, and hence, your confidence will boost up. Gradually, with the help of mock tests, you will be able to compete with time and hence will be able to learn time management.

We appreciate your time and patience in reading this reply.
If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com.

Success is within your reach.

Good luck!
Math Revolution Team
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ibctrade,

To properly plan out this next phase of your studies, we need to discuss your prior studies and timeline in more detail; you really answered just 1 of my questions in your last post.

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) Did you take any practice CATs/mocks during your studies? On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
ibctrade wrote:
actually, I studied in E-GMAT platform, and I finished the video about Verbal and Quant,
I also studied the manhattan book of RC CR, SC, and one time of OG Gmat 2020,
but I still get that bad score in the last attempt.

Hi ibctrade,

Thanks for letting me know the resources you have used. It's good that you have gone through the concepts videos of both Quant and Verbal. But did you deal with one topic at a time?

I feel that you did not work on your weak areas on a certain topic before you moved to the next one. That led to the snowballing of your weak areas. The ideal thing to do is to move to the next topic only if you are 100% clear of the current topic. If not, analyze what went wrong, identify your conceptual gaps and then work on them.

Please go through the recording below to understand the right way to strategize your prep.

As you are targeting a minimum score of 550, I suggest you to go through the concept videos once again, understand them perfectly this time. If you need any help with the strategy, please schedule a call with me using the link below and I will be happy to help.

Click here to schedule a call
GMAT Club Bot