GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2018, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 22:09
My GMAT is scheduled on 22nd Oct. My score is dwindling between V25 to V36. In my last mock test which was of GMAT Prep, I scored V 35. The split was as follows:

- SC - 12 questions - 12 correct
- CR - 9 questions - 3 correct
- RC - 13 questions - 7 correct

Most of the times, the split is approximately on the similar lines - SC (90%), RC (60%) and CR (50%).
I have e-GMAT subscriptions which has been a booster in my SC score. But now I am kind of feeling anxious to study and pull up my verbal score to around V40 -43. I am currently doing a rigorous question by question study of OG and OGVR - 18.

In Quant, I am scoring in the range of Q 45 - 49. This is totally satisfactory for me if I get Q 47-49 in my actual test. That is the best I expect from myself as last I have studied Maths was when I was in Class 10th (around 15 years back).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 10:47
downloadingmat26 wrote:
My GMAT is scheduled on 22nd Oct. My score is dwindling between V25 to V36. In my last mock test which was of GMAT Prep, I scored V 35. The split was as follows:

Most of the times, the split is approximately on the similar lines - SC (90%), RC (60%) and CR (50%).
I have e-GMAT subscriptions which has been a booster in my SC score. But now I am kind of feeling anxious to study and pull up my verbal score to around V40 -43. I am currently doing a rigorous question by question study of OG and OGVR - 18.

In Quant, I am scoring in the range of Q 45 - 49. This is totally satisfactory for me if I get Q 47-49 in my actual test. That is the best I expect from myself as last I have studied Maths was when I was in Class 10th (around 15 years back).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi
I would suggest to revise the study material you used for Verbal and practice RC and CR everyday. It seems that RC and CR are your weakness. Analyze the mock tests thoroughly and work on the them. If you have any doubt, you can post it in the forum. Stick mostly to Official questions at this stage.
All the best.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 19:46
Thanks souvonik2k !

I will do that.

souvonik2k wrote:
downloadingmat26 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi
I would suggest to revise the study material you used for Verbal and practice RC and CR everyday. It seems that RC and CR are your weakness. Analyze the mock tests thoroughly and work on the them. If you have any doubt, you can post it in the forum. Stick mostly to Official questions at this stage.
All the best.
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Oct 2018, 21:29
downloadingmat26 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Going to a V42 from a V36 in such a short time is not going to be easy, especially since 36 is your highest score, and not your average.

CR definitely looks like the one that needs the most work. What types of mistakes are you making there?

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Originally posted by AjiteshArun on 02 Oct 2018, 20:05.
Last edited by AjiteshArun on 02 Oct 2018, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 20:56
AjiteshArun wrote:
downloadingmat26 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Going to a V42 from a V36 in such a short time is not going to be easy, especially since 36 is your highest score, and not your average.

CR definitely looks like that the one that needs the most work. What types of mistakes are you making there?

- Usually in CR, though it might sound little different, I am failing in assumptions and inference.
- Weaken, strength, evaluate and inference is where I am able to score with 85-90% accuracy.
- I am falling out of the time also in many questions. So if I go for accuracy, I am missing out on time and the effect cascades further on RC.
- Also I fail big time in assumption question and decide to go further with wrong to right answer choices. (May be that’s why I am taking lot of time)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
GMAT Club Bot
Re: How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam? &nbs [#permalink] 02 Oct 2018, 20:56

How to improve Verbal when only 20 days left for GMAT exam?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap